1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] Halloween Event

Discussion in 'UHall' started by _zigzag_, Nov 20, 2008.

1. _zigzag_

_zigzag_ Sage
    Stratics Veteran

You may of noticed that the Halloween Event is still going on and it's not quite Halloween anymore. We wanted to let you know that we have corrected an issue that would allow it to restart. We've got a fix going in with the Friday morning maintenance that will fix this.

More...

2. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Are you kidding? What's it hurt to leave it on a while longer, considering a lot of people have had lag issues the last 2 weeks or so, and have been unable to participate...

3. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Sicarii was buged too... still is I imagine.

4. wrekognize

wrekognize Guest

It is good to see they are going to stick with the original schedule of the event. Having a schedule for things like this and sticking to that schedule are needed.

5. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Except of course, putting out an event for players, then allowing massive lag to continue for 2 weeks during said event, then not prolonging it so they can experience it too, just so they can "stick to the schedule" is NOT needed.

6. shanshu

shanshu Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Under normal circumstances, yes, but when a large majority of people were unable to play due to lag, an exception is understandable.

7. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I have mixed feelings - the lag was an issue, but I also like the idea of starting/stopping events on time, even if I miss bits of them.

8. AesSedai

AesSedai Guest

- It reads as if they tried to stop it but it unexpectedly restarted.
    As far as kinks in the code go, this is pretty minor, yeah? It will be off tomorrow and I bet this group of Devs has now figured out how to turn off events on a set schedule. Set schedules are groovy. Progress as promised, heh.

9. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Aye, I suspect the server reloaded the halloween modules when it came back up from maintenance. But somehow did not get the "turn event off" variables :D

Which might explain a weird thing I saw, some totems were destroyed by the players, but when I accidentally recalled off my "defeated cemetaries" runes a couple of days later, they were all back again.

Drats...still didn't manage to get an owned by no-one totem... >_<

10. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I quite Clearly remember the east coast Shards getting many weeks more of the Vanguard invasion than the west coast.. you will just have to endure.:lick:

11. jelinidas

jelinidas Guest

I have one for sale on Cats!

12. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I don't play Cats alot, but I have developed chars there, and even a house and a vendor spot at 1 period in time :)

Maybe we can work something out? I'll send you a PM.

13. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Last year there were dozens of posts about turning off the halloween stuff, people complaining it went on too long, now its too short. There is no winning this one that's for sure.

14. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

Welcome to U.Hall :)

15. Evilminion

Evilminion Guest

What he said. Heh.

Honestly, though, my one big sniffle about the Halloween event is that I never could get Sicarii to drop a spinarette for me. Darn those giant spiders and their selfish ways! :spider:

16. Lord Kynd

Lord Kynd Guest

Boo :(
    :yell:

17. Lord Kynd

Lord Kynd Guest

it was way to short.

18. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

It was like, 3 weeks, and 2 of those were full of lag for a lot of people. That's a good enough reason to prolong it.

19. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I agree

20. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

Last year they moved and that was the excuse. (Cause it takes 8 months to settle in and turn off an event:)). I don't get why they don't start Halloween on Oct 1 and end it Nov 1 or 2. Barring any unforseen incidents like the lag this year. Afterall, Halloween parties and events in RL are take place over the course of the month.

21. Pumpkin still spawn in the fields. Not that I am complaining since it's one of my favorite parts. I just thought you should know. Thanks guys for the events, they were a lot of fun!