1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] Hardware Upgrades 01/10/2011 - Multiple Shards

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by kelmo, Jan 10, 2011.

1. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

As posted on Uhall.

http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/2...ware-upgrades-01-10-2011-multiple-shards.html

Greetings!

On Tuesday, 01/10/11, beginning at 9:00AM EST the following shards will experience rolling downtimes as we deploy new hardware (in this order):

Atlantic
    Lake Superior
    Chesapeake
    Great Lakes
    Legends
    Catskills
    Siege Perilous
    Downtimes will vary depending on the population of the shard and therefore we cannot provide an ETA; however, higher populations should expect potential downtimes up to 8 hours. Shards will become available once their upgrades are complete and we will work to have all upgrades completed by 6:00PM EST.

We appreciate your patience during this and all other downtimes, thank you.

More...

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Tuesday is actually the 11th... A typo I assume. Prepare for down time tomorrow.

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

2pm GMT.

I guess that's when I work fishing on Europa for a while.

4. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

*Miranda ponders ...why is it the words 'rolling downtime' maketh me vividly picture a large line of dominos fallin ? *

Guess this will be a good day to go build a huge snowpeep in all that white junk that fell out of the southern sky, play fetch the snowballs with me shelties,
    and / or apply for me social security benes online today, with other bored old peoples before '.gov' runs out of my money for me..or I croak of old age, :eyes:gettin nothing back ever. :pancakes:

5. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

*twitches*

If they do it all in that order that they stated, and downtimes length=shards populations, they shoulda started with Siege first. Be over and done in 5 mins. :)

But nooooooooooooooo we have to wait for ATL and Chessie both with higher populations 8 hrs or more prob for their downtimes to be completed, till alphabetically the get to S for Siege ?

meh

We need some OT thread for us bored folks, to have something else to do here in UO today ! I mean any shard I might have viable chrs. upon is shut down today. I guess I *could * log on some other shards, not on the list, where I have newblets where I don't even remember my chrs. names but...what for ? lol :popcorn:

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

7. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

I logged out when they said 5 mins to go.

Did it even go down ?