1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] KR Client Issues

Discussion in 'UHall' started by _zigzag_, Dec 17, 2008.

1. _zigzag_

_zigzag_ Sage
    Stratics Veteran

We wanted to let you know that we are aware of the Kingdom Reborn Client issues and that we are working at resolving them. We'll give you an update as soon as we can!

More...

2. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

*wonders which issues this refers to*

3. GreywolfUK

GreywolfUK Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Not being able to patch KR, though 2d patches ok, been trying to patch KR all day, still no success, fist I thought it might have been Vista, so tried my XP machine and still the same. KR patch is messed up.

4. KR patched okay for me and is running just fine... did you replace some of the Legacy files? Check out the KR forum for some additional info that might help.

BUT... the post by Joanne is so cryptic about WHAT the issues are that it makes the situation worse!

5. Moreeg

Moreeg Guest

KR patched for me, but I noticd that my charger looks like a little pony under me now. It looks VERY misproportioned, lol.

I dont know if there are any other issues, I just logged in to see if I could...

6. Hmm.... just checked my stabled pets. The hiryus look like a naked turkey and my dread mare is now pony sized. The rest look okay, but PLEASE put the feathers back on my hiryus!

7. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

hmmm ... my elven fire mage seems to have burnt off most of his hair ... it's still long in the paperdoll but onscreen he's got a shaved mohawk look.

8. Moreeg

Moreeg Guest

Lol, its like looking at some comedy skit where a grown man is riding a dog with a saddle! If this were real, my feet would be dragging on the ground, lol!

9. Duskofdead

Duskofdead Sage
    Stratics Veteran

*Slaps hand against forehead*

Wouldn't it be better to just not patch than to um, patch in a greater explosion potion?

Applying patch...

10. Violence

Violence Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

What issues in particular? Giving out details would help them fix more stuff they might have missed, through player input.

11. AustinRules

AustinRules Guest

Is KR going to be here when SA comes out?? Or is it going the way of 3D? Or will we have three versions, KR, SA & 2D?? I saw a couple mentions about a change coming with SA....what happens then with KR?

12. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I suppose you could say the KR client is going away once SA comes out... but that's not entirely true. The SA client is simply an update to the KR client.

13. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mine patched fine.
    But I guess crashes are just a permanent bug. *sigh*

14. Violence

Violence Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

...And so far the little evidence we have indicates it will suck. Already it is undermined by those who want it to play smoothly on a Solar Power Calculator(and then post about their 'Gaming Rigs' bragging how they handle Darkfail and WoW for some mysterious reason).

:coco:

*EDIT* No, it won't suck 'by default'. It will be MADE TO SUCK by the Devs succumbing to 1980's computers' owners uwilling to upgrade.

15. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

...And so far the little evidence we have indicates it will suck. Already it is undermined by those who want it to play smoothly on a Solar Power Calculator(and then post about their 'Gaming Rigs' bragging how they handle Darkfail and WoW for some mysterious reason).

*EDIT* No, it won't suck 'by default'. It will be MADE TO SUCK by the Devs succumbing to 1980's computers' owners uwilling to upgrade.

At the first sentence I was ready to argue, with the rest to put it in perspective, there's nothing to argue about... it's 100% right.