1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] Live Event Update

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Jul 20, 2009.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

It's getting to the end of the event where Treasures of Tokuno and the Shadowlords will be ending this week. So get some Marties and take down the Shadowlords while you can.

More...

2. Um, the 31st is next Friday. Would it not be the end of next week for the event?

*edit* Why the date change? Draconi said we would have until July 31 for Treasures of Tokuno.

3. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Will the ability to convert marties to major tokuno arties remain after the cutoff date? Let's see was the 18th, then the 31st, now the 23rd?

4. Beleg Megil

Beleg Megil Guest

I'd call Shenanigans, but Chrissay posted something similar on Herald. Why UO Herald News is doing 2 threads about this, I dunno, however. Maybe we are being punk'd?

5. The artifacts guy in Tokuno sticks around. So you can buy the minor arties from vendors after teh event ends and still convert them to the major arties.

6. the 4th man

the 4th man Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

"Take down shadowlords while you can..."

Ain't that the truth!! While you can....should be, my dear woman, IF you can.
    This fiasco seems more like a "that'll shut em up" event, if anything.

You guys know well, about the spamming, the spawning in the same spots and extreme difficulty at targeting these things.

True, there was solutions given, IE; cast field spells for tamers, or use select next/Hostile for dexxers........guess what?, these didn't always work.

If you're gonna do it........do it right......

As my dear old dad once said, "if you're gonna go the route, go all the way"

You get my drift toots.

7. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

I have yet to get one ToT drop.

8. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

It was all just practice to help people prepare themselves to try to get one of the "Shard of the Gem of Immortality."

9. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable

Where you say 'people' you mean 'Tamers' right? :p

10. Marcellis

Marcellis Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

If you want them, go to the Shadowlord spawns. I stopped grinding for them after I started getting 3 every 2 hours from the spawns.

11. I personally think its pretty sad that no one from EA/Mythic has decided to respond to this post and explain why the event end date has mysteriously changed! Uhm, is it too much to ask for SOMEONE to clear this issue up for us please? I mean hey, its no big deal to me when the thing ends really, but at least get your story straight eh?

COMON FOLKS! wake up and clear this up yes?

Does the event end at the end of THIS week, or NEXT week (as was stated)?

12. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

The UOLedger would be interested to know why the dates have changed, if someone from Mythic is willing to make a comment.

13. Lost-Soul

Lost-Soul Guest

How long will the quests to transform the cloaks of corruption last? Are they going away when the Shadowlords disappear or will they stay like the turn in for Treasures of Tukuno?

14. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I cannot. Half a dozen of Armageddon spammers prevent me from succeeding. And I'm not going down on that level. Before I start annoying all honest players, I rather pass on the events.

15. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

And that's my guess about why they're pulling the event early.

16. Draconi confirmed that the threads will still drop and we'll be able to continue to transform cloaks after ToT ends.

17. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot

THE ToT event finishes TOMORROW 23rd

18. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot

If you have a tamer try this, works for me 90% of the time

get pet or pets to guard you, go into war mode( don't ask me why, i was told to) and cast EQ when he arrives, area attack speel, no need to look through the spam the EV,Pets etc, they auto attack, you sit back and watch, oh and get ready to recall to next spot asap

19. so is it this Friday or the 31st?

20. Zodia

Zodia Guest

It could be as early as 13 hours from now (at 5am EST).

They'll never tell!!!

21. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

And of course, now that's been changed again, and there's no set ending date (site still says 23rd, only because no one has told Chrissay the new end date).

Of course, there are reports that the SL have gone walkabout....

22. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable