1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald: Live Events] Peering into the Past

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Aug 12, 2009.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

2. So what exactly is supposed to happen, or is this nothing more than fiction to hold us over?

3. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

4. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Only fiction ?

I wished.........

For once, for a change, something that does NOT necessarily involve items farming and players piling on each other to get new items....

I wish it for the game that it has not just become a mere container of items....

But that's only my opinion, of course.

5. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

I don't see anything unusual in Atl. Moonglow - tram or fel. Do we know where they're in "exile?"

6. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

In self imposed exile from Britannia, so they could be on any of the Islands outside of the Britannian kingdom. Search for a tent, I guess?

7. jp78

jp78 Guest

The announcement says:

Peering into the Past
    Start Date: August 12, 2009
    End Date: To Be Determined

With a start and end date it has to be more then just story for story sake. So what is it we are being called/drawn to do during this time period?

8. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

i think its just the way the live events posting works now, always has a start date and such, the way this reads, i dont think there will be any real event in our lands yet. reads like a setup story.

9. thelust6

thelust6 Guest

I checked round Fire isle (Island with Deamon Temple and Hyloth) on Europa; remember that as one of Suteks old haunts though I didn't find anything there :p x

10. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

In Ultima 4, the seer that tells you how far you have progressed in your virtues was called Hawkwind.

I wonder if it's the same Hawkwind...

11. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

I never played the original Ultima series.. but you must have a darn good memory to recall that.

12. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Unfortunately, my memory is only good for certain things - it's filled with lots of trivial and non-useful info, but I always forget deadlines, appointments and meetings :p

I think my brain is trying to tell me something...

13. Deb

Deb Guest

Could this be referring to the hole in Moonglow and the tent that was once
    there?

14. BakeryGnome

BakeryGnome Guest

Theres gotta be something happening...cause "live event" i think means more than a fictional story line.

Anyone find something yet?

15. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Search Ilshenar.

16. BakeryGnome

BakeryGnome Guest

Why are you making such an obvious miss leading comment?

ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS!!!?

(On another note, I enjoy wondering Ilshenar)

But seriouslly...WHY did you say that?

17. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

I said that because logic says that either it's just a story or that there's game play here. And since stratics made a point to post a second time about it, it seems logical that there's more than just a story to it.

And with that I used logic to determine that Sutek and Dexter and the strange seer are not on Trammel, based on being in exile and the story about the 3 Shadowlords and how they could "look down" upon Trammel and "sense" with magic the forces there, and assuming they could do the same with Fel.
    That leaves Ilshenar, Malas, and Tokuno. But Tokuno was controlled by Minax, so take that out as a hiding place. Then, the mention of tents and joint forces with others as "sympathizers" and "resistance movement", and Draconi's several comments about Gypsies. That all leads me to think of the Gypsies in Ilshenar and their tents at the banking sites, and elsewhere.

However, after all that, I am still burnt by past events like this that seemed to offer such game play, yet never did. So screw it, unless I see something more from the events than mass shinies events.

Because, as I've been told many times in UO, "they don't do that."

18. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Hawkwind is also known as the Time Lord who was based off of the fourth Doctor from Doctor Who (Tom Baker).

They even used Baker's likeness as the image for the Time Lord in Ultima VII when you meet him in the Shrine of Spirituality.
    [​IMG]

19. Lord DaKaren

Lord DaKaren Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Huh? I'm sure that the Empress would be interested to learn this. Minax has a connection to Travesty, but she does not control the Tokuno facet.

20. The second thread about it was not created by Stratics, but by the automated system that creates an announcement here any time one is placed on UO.com.

21. Saris

Saris Guest

I looked all over ish, found nothing, been in the water ever since.

nothing lol, So a final place to se if I can locate then, in our timeline has Spektran been formed yet? If you go were it should be, in UO its a serpant pillar, clues apon clues. I think for now we are building a story to begin the next phase, however.

Have not been sailing in UO for some time, not a soul spotted in since my treck began.

I do remeber an event with dealing with a formor occupant of the island but never have I found it, most likey cause its not here :p

22. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Oh, ok. Wasn't it Minax who hid the Islands from outside view?

23. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Ok thanks. Glad I stopped wasting time on it then.

24. BakeryGnome

BakeryGnome Guest

Dude, thank you!

Seriously....thanks.

25. BakeryGnome

BakeryGnome Guest

Take me to your leader!

We looking for this man?!

I just want to shake an NPCs hand for this "event announcement".

(Seriously, I am hating the lust for items, items, items, items, items...back to the NPC wild goose chase)