1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] Magincia in Extended Internal Test

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Mar 15, 2011.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

Greetings,

While the preparation for the launch of Pub70 on the test center are in full swing, our testing on the changes to the Magincia map require one more day of review. Pub 70 will be available on Test Center this Thursday, March 17.

The client patch of Pub70 requires a maintenance. Therefore on Thursday, beginning at 3:00 pm EDT we will bring down all shards. At the moment we expect all shards to be back online no later than 5:00 pm EDT.

Please be aware that Pub70 will allow you to select a starting location when you create a new character. This feature will be part of the client patch but also requires a server publish to work – you will already see the window asking you to select your starting location, but your new character will always start in Haven until the publish reaches your shard.

As an additional note, we have added a utilization for the blue crystals so many players have asked about. They WILL have a use in the growth of Magincia.

More...

2. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Good idea, make you use them up Before spring cleaning gets here, cool, wonder what you'll get?

3. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Good stuff, Hope new players start in one spot though otherwise helping them just got a whole lot harder.

4. BlissMarie

BlissMarie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Oh, yay! Thank you!
    I just wrote a huge post fussing about crystals. Ugh, jeez, where did I put my eraser?!

Hmm... keyword "growth" - not rebuilding? Oh well, at least we will get the crystal thing behind us. Thanks devs!

BlissMarie

5. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Can anyone on the dev team provide details on how the change to allow you to select a starting location will eventually affect Siege (e.g., default starting location, if any, since there is no Haven on Siege; restrictions or defaults, if any, for new gargoyles or certain skill sets, etc.)? Will Mugen follow the same rules as other shards since it has a Trammel facet that includes New Haven?

6. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Well, I would have expected a few more "thank you" s.

Notes aside, good job folks. Can't wait to see how it shakes out.

7. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Removed from herald

8. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Interesting observation.

9. What I just dumped my blue crystals because they had no use!

Great

Oh just kidding.

10. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

*chuckles*

You might want to wash that spoon before you put it in a new pot there, Raven.

11. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

So, basically how UO was for years and years? :D