1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] Patch 4.0.7.2 (Enhanced Client)

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, May 21, 2010.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Greetings!

We have a few new patch notes for some changes made this evening, thank you!

Patch 4.0.7.2 (Enhanced Client)

• Version Bump
    • Japanese fonts are working for plotting and clearing courses
    • Issues with legacy chat mode were fixed
    • Resolved an issue stopping players from bringing up object handles
    [/FONT]

More...

2. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

What are "object handles" anyway? Can someone please explain?

P.S.: It is good that we can finally plot courses. However, the normal maps are way too tiny, and the Navigator's World Map is completely unusable.

3. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

When you press ctrl-shift the little bars that appear are object handles.

4. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Control Shift

5. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot

Thank you for this, Nice quick fix.

6. Nematode

Nematode Guest

I took a 2-week holiday and came back to this EC patch. Now, I cant drag any hotbars/healthbar? off any critters no matter what.

I cant clickndrag it off the critter itself, nor was I able to clickndrag off from their object handle. The only way I can have a healthbar from any mob is to target them... I cant have multiple healthbars now...

What happened and can anyone help?

7. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

ooooo ooooo - i know this one ... you decided to use the 3d client - that's what happened - mystery solved - hehe

8. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

rolleyes:

9. Violence

Violence Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Since we're getting quick-fixes, how about an easy way for EC users to join Global Chat and all?

10. Divster

Divster Guest

easier than clicking chat and join global?

11. Violence

Violence Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Can't check it out at the moment but isn't that how it's done in the Classic Client?

12. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

Ones you have selected General chat channel, you always join the chat whenever you log back in. You only need to type /c to talk in it. :)

13. I have one character that refuses to join ONLY the global chat. I get the message "you have to join that channel first..." THAT'S WHAT I'M TRYING TO DO~! None of my other characters have a problem.

14. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

For health bar issues, if you are using Copper Enhanced you will need to delete your version and install version 1.7.7.1

If you are using Stone Enhanced you will need to delete your version and install 1.0.1

15. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

It's great to have the health bars back and I look forward to taking advantage of resizable containers. What a boon that will be for organizing a backpack! I hate doing that for the first time on a character that I've been playing with the legacy client.

I'm still having a problem with losing the sound every time I alt-tab out of UO to use another application. I have to run UO full screen, so I'm not sure if that's part of the problem or not. But every time I alt-tab out of UO and then alt-tab back to it, I hear no sound whatsoever. The only way I can get sound again is to open User Settings and click Okay or Apply. That restores the sound again until the next time I alt-tab out of UO and come back.

Sorry if I should be asking about this somewhere else. I don't use the EC all that often, but I'm pretty sure this was not happening the last time I spent more time using it, around the time we got the SA expansion.

16. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have the sound issue also,its been like that for a while and it does seem to just be when I run full screen mode also!

17. Nematode

Nematode Guest

Thx Dermott, you hit the nail right on the head. Resolved now! Thanks, and let me add you are a great contributer to the UO community.