1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] Patch Notes for Enhanced and Classic Clients

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Oct 22, 2009.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Enhanced Client:[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]-[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Keybindings and Mouse Settings will now saved for each character.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]o[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]F[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]irst load, old keybindings and mouse settings will be reset.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]o[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Does not affect keybindings assigned to hotbar and macros.[/FONT]​

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]-[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]When a player logs in for the first time they will now be able to choose between Enhanced or Classic default settings.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Fixed several client crashes

Fixed a memory leak

[/FONT]

Classic Client:

- Added a crash reporting dialog box that appears during client crashes.

More...

2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

*sigh*... and here I was hoping that we got the "big" fix patch to fix my goza trouble...

But that's ok.... I like fixes... keep them coming.

3. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I'm almost excited about this one because it sounds like my multiple Tazar's will finally get to have a separate macro set for each character...

It's probably too much to hope that it's finally fixed after 12 years so I'll hold my excitement till I get a comment or see the results! :)

4. Dol'Gorath

Dol'Gorath Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Notice that change is listed under Enhanced Client.
    I doubt it's in the 2D client.

5. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I don't even have 2D on my computer...

6. Has this patch gone through yet? Just started up my client and didnt get any kind of patch at all? This is Classic (2d client).

7. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Anyone else having problems with runebooks in the enhanced client with the new patch? (it appears I can't select any rune in a runebook after a rune marked in Ter Mur)

8. MissEcho

MissEcho Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I can't select any Ter Mur rune either so must be some kind of bug with this patch.

9. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

1 question.

Where did we get to test these changes before they went live?

10. Tazar

Tazar Guest

We get to test Publishes - but not patches... the patch has to go out to all players to be able to test the Publish on Test Center, then Origin...

11. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

It's a client-side change to the UI ... you can't test those without getting patched.

I'm not quite good enough at reading the XML files to see exactly what the change was (assuming it was there), but I suspect it was a tweak to how the UI displays runes for one facet in runebooks ... nobody's going to feel good about it getting through, but once the typo is made, it's the sort of thing that I can see being very easy to miss unless an internal tester just happens to have a runebook set up in just the right configuration.

12. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I'm sorry, but when are the real bugs of the Enhanced Client being fixed, instead of things being removed that I consider a feature? Thanks for making me have to set up all key bindings on EVERY character anew (although I selected to leave them unchanged).

This is really beginning to annoy me.

13. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Im with you man.
    The last match has absolutely destroyed UO for me. I have no journal or chat boxes, my radar is busted beyond imagination, All my chars with default skin are being asked about changes upon login that apparently busted my mage. now while he talks legacy style the new key bindings go off left in right.

14. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You can go in and fix most of these by going to the input tab and either selecting mmo or legacy ,or manualy change the ones to what you want!
    I know you can fix the map this way or atleast it fixed mine

15. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

also you can go to the legacy tab and select the one you like and don't forget to hit apply

16. DarkVoid

DarkVoid Guest

This should enable EA/Mythic to identify and resolve crash issues with gumps causing a repeated crash on login for some players.

This has been a really long time in coming for the Classic client, my thanks go out to the EA/Mythic devs who implemented this reporting tool. Hopefully it'll allow you to bring the UO radar map back to that client's character profiles.

17. Lord Raven

Lord Raven Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

In another post you mentioned you were using a third party app, right? Bitter something?

18. Zym Dragon

Zym Dragon Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

"Bitter Black" is a mod for the enhanced client, created by B-LAU. It's not a "3rd party app." There are also a number of mods and skins available on the UO Modder's Exchange.

Both Athos' UO site and the Modder's Exchange are safe places to DL mods.

19. Lord Raven

Lord Raven Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Hmm... not sure what your definition of 3rd party app is... but if it's not made by EA... that fits my definition. If EA didn't make it, and they aren't responsible for supporting it... why should they be responsible for any conflicts caused by the app?

20. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I don't know which memory leak in the EC they did fix. The worst memory leak you experience with field spells and causes your client to crash still is very much alive.