1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] Patch Update

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Sep 5, 2009.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

To ease the transition to launch day, we are providing a patch for players who use the Classic Client. This is an update to the art associated with the new content. We recommend patching the 332 MB download before Tuesday’s major update: Publish 60!

Stay tuned for more updates!

More...

2. So whats the UO Version on the log in screen for the Classic Client suppose to be after this patch? could have thought the patch said 16.0.14.4 but on my login screen it says my UO version is 16.0.14.3

3. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

You IDIOTS great job releasing a 300 MB patch right before a shadowlord event. Now i get to patch for an hour instead of attend the event. Great foresight there.

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

just cancel it and patch after event

5. H2O

H2O Guest

Just hit cancel.

6. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Maybe the EM's have to download it too and will be late also :p

7. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I'm on cable (Comcast). It took about 7 minutes for the patch to download and less than a minute to apply it. The whole process was done in 8 minutes or less.

8. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Just go start client.exe directly.

9. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Had to do that, still a lot of people who don't check stratics wont know that, and it was a pretty dumbass move on the devs part anyway.

Tons of people crashed during the event only to have a patch screen waiting.

@others pressing cancel only works if you have UOA, it doesnt work for the plain patcher.

10. So is the UO version after this patch for classic client[2d users] 16.0.14.3 still til SA launchs or should our UO version now read 16.0.14.4? Reason I ask is it took forever for the installer to apply the new patch and my current version of uo still reads 16.0.14.3 so wondering if the patch didnt take or something.

11. Sir_Bolo

Sir_Bolo Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yes. The patch just added a new file containing the new animations but it didn't change anything else in the client so the version should still read 6.0.14.3

12. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

... who cares? It takes longer for others.

13. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

What event were you at?

14. Baskum

Baskum Guest

Geez thanks for the 330 MB update released the same day as the Trammel event! I missed almost the whole event since I had to sit and wait 15 mins for download and patching. Once I was able to catch up to the action I crashed during the final battles w/ the SL's. EA I don't understand the way you folks thought this patch release out. >: -(

This could have been sent out later tonight or tomorrow when NOTHING was scheduled to occur. UNBELIEVABLE.

15. Myna

Myna Guest

1. you should start to think global (your country is not the middle of the universe) .... the patch was for everyone playing uo in the world. if an event runs in your part of the world while patching, bad luck, but look point 3

2. maybe you shopuld start to upgrade your bandwidth ... 56k modems isnt the top technology of the year 2009, but i know a better bandwidth is not available everywhere so if you live in a forrest behind the moon look point 3

3. dont call the dev idiots if you are stupid enough not to hit the cancle button while patching

4. hey the devs just wanted to give you something you can complain about, because if you canot complain about something you arent happy

16. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

Sorry my post made you feel the need to be snippy. I was trying to provide information that might help reassure some folks that downloading and applying the patch might not take as long as they feared.

17. olduofan

olduofan Guest

Ya happen to me to

i asked the gm why cant we put a option in the main moon-gate menu for a gate to events only all people can use it will take to where ever the battle is or place eveyone is currently at sound simple enugh to me know more missed events for a lot of peeps even make it light up a different color so we all know the event is happening now

ohh well some things make to much since imo

18. Baskum

Baskum Guest

Great, thanks Myna. This patch came from out of the blue. There should have been more notice for such a LARGE PATCH and I don't care what part of the world you are from.

Some of us have participated in this storyline from the start. To have it end the way it did tonight was just plain sad. Furthermore, I didn't know the workaround to avoid the patch. Geez, thanks for telling me about it AFTER THE FACT.

The only point I can begrudgingly agree with you on wholeheartedly is the last one. This won't be the first or last time something is screwed up in UO. :-(

19. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

:postcount:

20. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

It was on UO Herald and if you dont want to load it then hit cancel or load UO direct from your program fol;der and bypasss the patch for now.

21. Baskum

Baskum Guest

Sigh,

The last time I checked Stratics or UO's homepage was YESTERDAY AFTERNOON. There was no mention of a 300+MB patch as I can recall. Geez.

This was a major goof by EA Mythic plain and simple. And like I said before I DID NOT KNOW about the workaround until I came to the boards after the fiasco tonight. Geez, I don't live on this board 24/7. I am here now because I am ticked off.

22. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Glad it did for you. I was getting it at 57-128kbps. That's varying between at, & just barely over double, dialup speed on a 3Mbps dsl connection. I wound up going to bed and letting it finish loading overnight.

It was bad timing on UO's part. :dunce:

The patch server was clearly overloaded. :twak:

23. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

I suspect Supreem and the other engineers thought they were on the right path with trying to dole out the patch content in smaller chunks. Since they probably aren't also EMs, they might not have been completely up to speed on the EM event schedules for all of the shards.

We all goof at times, even when doing stuff with the best of intentions. I can't even imagine what kind of stress the engineers (and everyone else on the team) are under at the moment as they count down the hours until Tuesday.

I hope anyone whose experience Saturday night was not what they hoped it would be is willing to cut these guys a bit of slack and stick around to see all the good stuff that's in that big patch, now that you've got it. Hopefully by next weekend, the excitement of having so much new content to explore with good friends will dull the disappointment a bit.

24. Look at the bright side. Would we be better off to patch it when everyone else wants into UO/SA I can remember the fun we had placing a house June 2000 when Trammel was started. Talk about an event.

25. Lord Urza

Lord Urza Guest

This was my first thought too, but the ok button wouldnt highlight for me, im on dialup so i cant get the download to finish before the event tonight

Im just gunna run it on the beta client and hope for the best haha, i at least wanna be there even if im really jenk, iv only played on the beta client maybe 2 hours so well see.:dunce: