1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] Player Notice - Atlantic Shard

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Apr 7, 2010.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

Greetings!

As some players may have discovered early this morning Atlantic encountered an error. Due to this we were required to restore player data from yesterday to resolve the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience this situation may have caused and appreciate your cooperation and patience, thank you.

More...

2. Wow! This sure reminds me of days of old when this would happen on a weekly basis! "Sorry you lost all your stuff but we can't do anything about it!"

3. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Wow thats alot of work to redo. Are the two nodes at least still there for the new quest?

4. Yes, now there is even a 3rd node.

5. Cal_Mythic

Cal_Mythic Guest

We're trying to see what we can do ... but yeah was a rough crash.

6. Ender76

Ender76 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Cal - so should we redo the quest etc. now or wait a few hours? I'm annoyed that yesterday was undone, but I'll be even more ticked if I redo them all today and then find out EA could undo the revert...

7. Rough crash? LOL! A 22 to 23 hour revert is pretty bad! I lost my Cloak of Augmentation as well as loosing a few million from my vendor. Of course it is just a game and these are the risks we take, but I not only lost out on the stuff I lost, but I also bought some really nice items and it will be a pain to find the ones who sold me stuff.

And to those who will flame me for crying about losing stuff, it is pretty funny until it happens to you.

Yeah, I just had to redo the quest on 3 characters and lemme tell ya, gathering rare serpent eggs is a pain but not near as much as trying to kill 3 paragon dark wisps just so I could kill a guardian.

8. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

I think the last time we had something like this happen was AOS release. Though not sure if it happened again during my break, But back in the old days it was pretty much like clock work. Stratics doesn't use the model "I'm sure the server will be up soon..." for no reason lol.

9. ProZac

ProZac Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I think you might be right. Wasn't it one of the reasons they did the whole AoS gift thing? Haha.

10. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yarYjuN-m8I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yarYjuN-m8I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

11. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

lol, Nok. :)

Its just a jump... to the left!

12. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

you guys suck.

this is why no one plays your other games.

finally get to play yesterday, and played a lot might i add.. now everything i did is undone.

13. Gunga_Din

Gunga_Din Guest

wHat quest are all talking about? Is it new to every shard or just Atlantic?

14. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

ooo.
    lets all compare what we lost.
    did the new quest 20 times.
    got two ilsh arties
    two SOT's
    now do i have to do all that RP again....

15. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Are they saying they fixed the issue and restored to where we were supposed to be this morning? Because I just looked and I have lost everything back to about 3am EST Monday night.

I noticed it after I logged in on Tuesday morning, but it was an hour or two, so I did not think much of it. Well, nothing yesterday saved at all, and it is still not there (for me).

Oh and I lost about 30 or so points of skil across 2 chars, over 5 points was imbuing, :(

16. No, they're saying they fixed the issue so hopefully it wont happen again tomorrow.

17. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

doh, thanks. I think, lol. That really sucks, oh well.

18. It does indeed. Yesterday I had 2 cloaks out of 12 nodes, today I have no cloaks out of 18.

19. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

One day long revert in 10 years is not a bad record.

20. toots222

toots222 Guest

well am not to happy took me over 4 weeks of steady killing nighteyes to get a tangle and gone before i even got it on a charc....that bites

21. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I have to say apart from all the items i sat there and pof'd yesterday im happy with the revert :D done the quest 12 times yesterday with nothing. BUT today got the cloak on my 11th :) so im happy lolzz

Thunderz

22. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

So in reality you had to do the quest 23 times before seeing a cloak! =) I did it 4 times and that was quite enough for me. i'll wait till it pops up on vendors =)

23. Mark_Mythic

Mark_Mythic UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

I'm really sorry this happened, everybody. Not that I was playing soccer behind the server farm again or anything, but I realize it sucks and felt I should apologize.

Hopefully, we made the quest fun enough that it is worth doing again. I wish you all luck in winning the best stuff and the houses.

24. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

This is Murphy's law. I just came back to Atlantic and finally did about two hous of farming in Ter Mur underworld.

Today I first noticed items sold on my Luna vendor were back and then went to check the ingredients I farmed and items I imbued last night, all gone.

All I can do is laugh it off.

25. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Everyone knows its just a game, but a game that does take up time from real life. This revert was a horrible failure, that i do think warrants some type of compensation, simply because many players are coming back to the game and may possibly leave again because of the same problems that existed years ago.

26. BigEv

BigEv Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

maybe a shirt like great lakes got should be givin to all. We survived the ...... :sad4:

27. Angel Dust

Angel Dust Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I second that suggestion of compensation. Great lakes got something for the troubles they had, us getting something for the 3 hrs I spent doing new quest and working my new mage/tamer, whom by the way lost all those skill points I gained (working taming is very hard work) would allow me to forget and forgive. Anyone else wanna start a petition?

28. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Easter bunny event will not be turned off yet, right?

29. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Didn't Cats get two Spring Tokens from the Devs when they had thier revert.

30. Weird that other shards get free stuff when they revert but the shard with the most players (hence the most revenue) goes bye-bye we get a hearty "Sorry guys!"

What is wrong with that picture?

Hey EA Mythic, my credit card might revert too! LOL!