1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] Producer's Letter - April 2010

Discussion in 'UO Developer Feed' started by UODevTracker, Apr 2, 2010.

1. UODevTracker

UODevTracker Guest

2. Cal_Mythic

Cal_Mythic Guest

heheh I know ... and for the record I like ranch dressing! :)
  3. Cal_Mythic

Cal_Mythic Guest

Actually this is a loooooong standing discussion for UO since AoS as far as I know. I'm sure someone will be more than content to share with me if I'm wrong. :)

Yes we are still discussing it. I can't give you the laundry list of features, but there are actually battles between Bonnie and Derek and I twice a week on how to proceed. I can tell you however, that the priority is to fix what we've set out to do for these next few months ... and to support the plan of rebuilding Magincia ... AND solving the perception and actual impact of speedhackers in the game.

We've made the business case for it a few times, it honestly comes down to committing AND making sure we can support it. I know this doesn't answer the question completely, but please know it's all I can tell you at this time.
  4. Cal_Mythic

Cal_Mythic Guest

Actually I want to be very careful with making "empty promises". And I'm certain that those on Test Center are meeting varied results on our testing of the movement system. We are taking notes right now and Derek is working through the player inputs.

The intent is to make certain that everyone moves at the same rate. This is the first part.

The 2nd Stage which is 3rd party program detection is on internal test. And as mentioned in the producer's letter we are not going to tell players when we are taking it live... but we will take it through test center as well.

Why would we give the hackers a heads up?

Also .. I Looove Cynicism ... it goes really well with Ti ... a drink with Jam and bread ... that will bring us back to ...

Erm ..

Oh also ... there are very few things I find offensive. Calling us out on "our stuff" is not bad... it shows you care. Now ... if you're being mean just to be mean, that's not nice. (If that were the case I would not have responded).

Now of course, we can't fix everything for everyone. We try to stick to several major things, and then add other features into our "Dev Bucket" of additional features players ask (and yes we have a large list).

I hope this answers your question .. happy posting. Oh and "Cal" is fine :) ... Mr. Cal makes it sound like your sitting me at a restaurant for food I'm not gonna like.
  5. Cal_Mythic

Cal_Mythic Guest

We are going through the 3rd iteration of the design review on the Bard changes. We will not give more detail until these are confirmed internally. Also, historically we save that info a few days before we go to Test Center.

The reason for mentioning anything in a producer's letter is to state that it's slated for the next publish, or to update the status of former items (such as the status on movement or 3rd party program detection).

Suffice it to say that our focus is to make Bard's if not instrumental (pun intended) for a successful group .. at least a a forethought in everyone's mind for adventuring in Britannia.

- c