1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] Pub 76.0 Comes to Origin

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, May 7, 2012.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

Greetings,
    Publish 76.0 comes to Origin tonight. These are the changes to the Publish 76.0 Notes:
    Publish Notes to Origin
    • Fixed the issue with Health Bars disappearing
    • Players will no longer be able to summon harbingers on Test Center
    • Velia was moved to Cove since Minoc is a faction town.
    • Void Pool will provide additional information such as who much longer till the spawn starts and what wave you are on.

Patch notes to both Classic and Enhanced Client
    • Cliloc changes

See you in the game!

Continue reading...

Frarc likes this.
  2. Yeah for the Health Bars! I wonder if this also fixes the bars that don't update after long play time...

But... but... "who much longer"? HOW could that happen? :p

3. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

I believe Kai is from Germany, and many UO players don't have English as their first language, so I tend to ignore that stuff.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  4. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Isn't Jeff from Germany too?

5. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Umm no his family is of Greek ancestry though.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  6. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

From the cliloc texts, alerting a new quest part of the event cycle. As far as I can tell from the text, it is very similar to the blackrock stew quest: you gather some ingredients and return. One addition is that you prepare the cure by adding the ingredients in a specific order which changes randomly. It looks like a fun quest, however, I'm very concerned after reading this text:

"...should you be among those who turn in the most cures you shall be eligible for reward."

So finding the cure once is not enough, you need to find it several times, more times than the average player in your shard, the same way you need to arrest 500 rioters to get the best title, kill 600 grave robbers to get all four of the reward statues or sift 400 times to get a random heirloom.

They really need to stop these grinding quests. We have already said -loud and clear- that the grinding quests are not fun (arresting rioters, killing grave robbers etc.). When they increased the rewards for those quests, I thought they've finally heard us, like rather than removing the quests they increased the rewards for those who wasted far too much time on these quests already. I'm not going to arrest even a single rioter for any title but I'm happy to see that the ones who already arrested 100s of these during the "carpal tunnel" quests will finally have a better reward.

But are we going to see even more grinding quests? Whose idea is to reward the players who repeat the same action over and over again? Who come up with the idea "let's reward only those who repeated the quest more times than the others"?

I hope I misunderstood the text, but if not, I really had enough.

7. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I'm with you Minuaq, I'll wait to comment until I hear more, but if I wanted to compete with other players, I'd join factions, where the ubber top 10 win a stuffed bear. I wanna see Clowns ridin' them Dancin' Ponies!

8. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Pavlov?

9. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ahh a Greek! About time :)

As for pushing to Origin, I surely hope they fixed all the bugs this time. Doesn't look like they specify anything about the lost Fel nightmare spawn, the fact you get a server message about the Covetous Level 2 Spawn when you log-in again after taking a trip there then leaving before you log out, or the hail storm glitch which causes the spell to attack other players and their followers in trammel.

10. spoonyd

spoonyd Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

And look....STILL NO further fix to factions.....What does it take?

PJay likes this.
  11. kRUXCg7

kRUXCg7 Sage

I strongly agree with Nimuaq.

12. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

just update my UI to get the working healthbars on EC :p

13. I hope you misunderstood this too, but if not, I wonder who's definition of fun this is? There has to be better ways to stretch a quest out rather than requiring an endless repeat of the same actions... over... and ... over... again. OH... and I DO NOT mean putting a 10 second timer between actions!

14. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I'd settle for a 10 minute timer, with the Ankh of Sacrifice, instead of 1hr, or is that "a PVP thing"?

15. I never understood the reason for any wait time to resurrect with the Ankh. What will it hurt if you need a second res right away? Is there an exploit or grief associated with the Ankh?

16. SlobberKnocker

SlobberKnocker Slightly Crazed

harbingers on test deactivated. funny that this was ever a problem. never under estimate the ingenuity of the playerbase i suppose.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  17. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*grumbles* The whole idea of resources like vanilla, cocoa, yeast etc being farmed off monsters needs to be reconsidered...

18. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

I did a few battles with my necro mage (Lounge Act) and sampire (Carcharodon). I think the leader of the Trammel boards--a mystic--tried out Fel, or went to try out Fel. I didn't have too much success on Tram side, haha. But I did get a Luck Sculpture drop, which was funny, because I already had one in my backpack and it popped right next to it. Got like 107 turn-in points so far.

The message still comes back up when you log-in (maybe you have to have had participated, yeah), and the Hail Storm bug seems to still be an issue. The leader of the Trammel boards told me she thought her RC attacked her, which makes me assume the flagging bug still exists.

[​IMG]

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  19. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

That's really strange, or the RNG smiled on me. I only killed 3 minions on test and got 3 seeds

20. Petra Fyde

no, the char I was using is a stealth mage, I used EVs

21. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I like that, it kinda lets you know what you're walking into without having to go look it up on a website somewhere, that's a "new player experience" to me.

22. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Nothing wrong with the dungeon itself just a shame the message pops up when you log-in, because it is annoying. ;)

23. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

oh, from just logging in to TC?, not only by entering the dungeon? yeah, sounds like a wee bug. good find

24. Bob the Merchant

Bob the Merchant Adventurer

I thought you quit, again. Factions have been fixed, learn how to kill people or stop expecting twinkies for nothing.

Lord Frodo and Meatbread like this.
  25. Meatbread

Meatbread Journeyman

Oh look, another thing I won't be doing. This whole event cycle has been one long grind for garbage.

Lord Frodo and Sevin0oo0 like this.
  26. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

What's the "reward"? I heard a new potion, for poison and blood oath proof, lasting for several 'real' days - same as takes savage kin paint to wear off

27. PJay

PJay Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

No Fix to factions just more crap added i can hear a clock ticking.

For people saying factions isnt broken your telling me you join a faction to compete with your fellow factioneers errrrrm no..................

28. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

As for the wash rince repeat of quests lines ..... I am not fido.. go fetch your own bone. I do not like the do 500 of this get 300 of that and oh die from the lag a few hundred times to get a stupid item. I'm an adult, I dont need a refresher course in repetitive motion they teach little ones with. What seeds..btw... dragon killed till lag was too bad and still not one seed... Vanilla is easer off the paras!!!

Someone on Napa told me if factions isnt returned back to old ways uo is doomed cause they will go back to pking in fel .... only thing is there is no one in fel to pk.... Their words not mine. Sounds like little children mad cause the parent found the candy bag they were raiding and put it where they cant reach. Now they are pouting cause htey have to do it the old way.... big deal no toys grow up and go play the way you were meant to play factions. I sometimes wonder if the ones who are pancakes are the ones who cant fight without an advantage over others...

Deb, Lord Frodo and Sevin0oo0 like this.
  29. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

When did they change how luck works? I was under the impression that it only increases the chance for greater intensity on items. It seems there is a suggestion here that the chance for a seed drop increases with luck. If so where is the back up evidence for that?

30. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

*gripes at* :)

31. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

No "gripe" intended, sorry if I gave that impression. Carrying a large amount of luck is so hard to work into a template, I keep looking for evidence that it pays off.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  32. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

OK So this has been here for 14 days now, when do the other shards get this?

33. popps

popps Always Present

That's true only for the Test Server, right ?

That is, on regular servers, after Publish 76 it will still be possible to summon harbingers for those players who have crystals left to use, right ?

34. Petra Fyde

Right, but what they won't have is a never ending supply by repeatedly copying the same batch from their main shard to test on multiple characters.