1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] Publish 62.2

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Oct 28, 2009.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

Publish 62.2 will go through during your local shard's maintenance period. The following fixes and changes will be implemented during this publish:

• Fixed an issue that was causing double NPCs to spawn with the Halloween Quest.
    • Adjusted the Gypsy’s respawn timer.
    • Players can no longer summon the Harbinger in the Abyss.
    • Removed the Naughty Twin's ability to turn players into a Mound of Maggots.
    • Fixed an issue with Veteran clothing becoming unblessed on the Siege Perilous shard.

More...

2. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

I hope they were made to respawn quicker. And how about a fix for the Lingering Souls that spawn in areas we can't get to? I'm sick of running around a dungeon just to see 10 or more out of reach, in ponds or stalagmites or in areas that can't be reached.

3. The Fallout

The Fallout Guest

NOOOO lol why is this removed?

4. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Were people using the Slasher to kill it, or what?

And thank you so much for adjusting the timer on Gypsies.

Now just make it so you can't lose it after using 49 :/

5. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

exploiters/bug users were using stygian dragon and renowned pixie to kill harbinger. they all thought it was legal, guess they got proven wrong

6. The Fallout

The Fallout Guest

It wasn't so much an exploit, more like creative thinking. Just I guess the devs decided it was too easy. I for one never even summoned a harbinger yet.

7. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hmmm... and where is 62.1 ?

8. Teeshy

Teeshy Guest

Who is Jess Folsom? (did I miss an intorduction thread? Why does the name sound familiar?) Chrissay didn't leave did she? Holidays maybe?

9. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Jess is (was?) a Community Coordinator on Warhammer, so maybe just filling in for Chrissay?

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299858

Edit : I'd advise just reading the first post in that link, with her bio/intro - the Warhammer forums tend to be a little... unwelcoming, for want of a better term, at times ;)

10. Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Barter Town

Halloween came and went early this year.

:sad3:

11. so did they remove the mound of maggots because it made you grey? or was there more to it?

12. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

my ?? exactly! I think it's a neat twist.

13. Slim29

Slim29 Guest

So Pub 62.2 is nerfing my ideas for the second time in less than a week. Makes you think I must be some sort of genius - Oh wait! I am. Anyway, I have many more discoveries just waiting to get nerfed - and no they are not exploits. Can I get a show of hands how many people would like me to start a list. How many patches do we want in this next week? Maybe I should just shut up, but it's just a bad habit of mine. I like to share my knowledge - stupid me :(

14. I dont see a fix listed for the lingering essense :( I was hoping they would fix this one... and why take out the pile of maggots trick?? I didnt even notice it turned players gray.
    Or are there more fixes going into place than stated??? The imbuing relic fix wasnt stated, but it was made and I am assuming it was made when the Halloween content was added on Monday??

15. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Not shut up, just quit *****ing about it. This one was pretty much an exploit.

16. Slim29

Slim29 Guest

So if I can still kill it in 2 min, do you think that is an exploit. Where does it end?

17. lham52

lham52 Guest

Buddy: you didn't share any knowledge you just bragged about it.

18. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Lol, I didn't see anywhere you shared your idea. Guess it was someone else's? BTW the ego thing? It's not particularly attractive. :(

19. yorky

yorky Guest

Feel Free.

20. Slim29

Slim29 Guest

So if I didn't say anything yesterday, do you think there would be a patch during maintenance resolving the problem? My push yesterday to bring this to light is the reason it is going away. The fact that other people may have known and didn't say a word is what the issue is here. I shared what could be done and that is why it will not be allowed going forward. Whether you want to give me credit for it or not, I do not care. Fact is creation of relics frags from imbuing went away because of the info I shared as will this problem. Unfortunately, no one is satisfied regardless of the outcome. So heres what I'm going to do. I going to post the next patchable issue on this forum in the next 15 min. I'm sure you will think it's my ego talking again, because regardless what I do it will not be good enough.

21. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Actually I think crysta emailed chrissay with the issue before you ever said anything, which is a much more likely method of getting an issue attention leading to a fix. What does it matter anyways? You figure out something neat, you come here for props and recognition, then you get upset when they patch it. Then you do it again...? Maybe you could use your genius brain and add 2 + 2 to figure out what to do next time you find a neat legal loophole...

22. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

ah attack of the attention starved! worse than a crack addict. hey guys i know how to kill a stygian dragon in less than .01 seconds, but im not gonna tell you! see i can do it too, pretty easy to lie on these forums isnt it? as for them fixing it due to one person, hah, he never told anyone or reported it, just kept bragging about it and abusing it. others reported and got it fixed but not after certain exploiters farmed the hell out of it. lets see which of his exploits he brags about next

Sarsmi he thinks cuz he posted a brag about it first that makes him the reason devs found it out. far from it.

23. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I actually know how to kill the stygian dragon and the slasher of the veils at the same time, takes about 10 seconds. It involves writing a love letter to Styggy and spraying it with Mrs. Slasher's perfume. Ooop! I've said too much!!

:lol:

24. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Oh wow. You need a massive ego check.

25. Vyal

Vyal Guest

Dude two hours into the first day we used these guys to do a Oaks spawn in t2a....

26. Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Barter Town

Stop copying him and think of your own ideas next time.

:sad3:

27. Green Mouser

Green Mouser Guest

We have found the center of the UO Universe >>>>>>Slim29<<<<<< Someone alert NASA.

28. I agree that they should fix the lingering essences that are stuck theres a ton of them in deceit. I also hope Jess Folsom is just filling in for Crissay and hasnt replaced her.. I for one think Crissay has been doing a great job.

29. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I remember the time I was in an airport bar talking to this guy. Richard I think was his name. Back on 95 or 96. He was talking about this "great computer game" he had made. I casually mentioned that it sounded cool, but what it really needed was to be playable over the the internet with thousands of my friends at the same time....

HEY WAIT!!!!!!!

Damn I must be a genius too!!!

Please everyone, bestow your adulation as UO exists because of me and my really big brain!!!!!

30. Serine

Serine Guest

There is like 0.01 % the nerfings has anything to do with you . Its way more likly its from hundreds if not thousands reports from people who dont have any need to come here on forums to "brag" about it. As far i see it you need to get over your self and find an other way to feel importent .

31. Stigmatas

Stigmatas Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Sarsmi, are you hitting on me? Giggity giggity giggity!!!!

Oh and Slim.....get a job hippy.

32. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

No, but the slasher might want to have words with you if that letter ends up in your mailbox. :D

33. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

cool story bro.

Anyway, has anyone checked out the new gypsy respawn timer?

34. Jess_Mythic

VIP Stratics Veteran

Indeed, I'm just filling in while Chrissay is on what I hear is a very nice vacation. :)

35. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

As soon as it was on Test Center I used the ilsh champ spawn :p lol anyone who thinks pos karma killing neg is an exploit is a moron. Same kind of people who think killing stuff from a boat is an exploit. How about we just not play the game since anything is an exploit to someone, rofl.

36. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie

Running archer or mage killing melee only enemy is exploit too :eyes:
    j/k

37. legendsguy

legendsguy Sage
    Stratics Veteran

i heard a rumor that the oak leaf cloaks are no longer dyable, dunno for sure.

38. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Jess is filling in for Chrissay while she's on holiday.

39. Otis Firefly

Otis Firefly Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

lmfao! after all the crazyness we put her through during beta....she needs one!!! lmao