1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] Publish 63 to all Live Shards Tommorow - 12/16/2009

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Dec 16, 2009.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

Greetings!

Publish 63 is coming to all live Shards tomorrow, 12/16/2009. Deployment of the Publish will commence with European Shards at 12:00 AM EST and will continue on the normal maintenance schedule.

For the full Publish 63 notes please read after the jump. Below are the additional changes we have made since TC1 last week:

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Publish[/FONT]

• [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Fixed an issue that prevented skill on various artifact and crafted items from being detected by the imbuing system. [/FONT]
    • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Some community collection items cannot be imbued due to the balance issues. [/FONT]
    • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Eternal Guardian Staff cannot be imbued due to balance issues. [/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Patch[/FONT]

• [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Updated Global Chat color to blue to improve readability in the Journal. [/FONT]
    • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Fixed Classic Client crash when user clicks the Leave gem while the Create Channel dialog is open. [/FONT]
    • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Disabled Trial Accounts from participating in custom chat channels. [/FONT]
    • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Fixed a bug that prevented players from being able to enter certain cave entrance[/FONT]
    Thank you!

More...

2. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Er.. does this mean we'll have it in the morning after maintenance? Or later in the day? Or Friday morning?

3. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

I've been hoarding items to unravel for over a week now.. about time.

4. altarego

altarego Guest

I believe they mean during tonights maintenance. After all, for most of the world, it's already been 12:00am on 12/16/09.

5. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

ohhh... duh.. AM.. sorry, im tired.. ^^;

6. altarego

altarego Guest

Must be all those crystals they dropped in Luna on TC1, laaaaaaaag....

7. Smokin

Smokin Guest

Isn't 12/16/2009 already.

8. Arcades

Arcades Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Whats an Eternal Guardian Staff?

9. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

its a new item (not sure from what) has 100 charges i believe and allows to claim body from several tiles away (35 i think i have seen) not sure other stats!

10. altarego

altarego Guest

I think you're confusing it with the Undertaker's Staff (which isn't in the game yet).

The Eternal Guardian staff is a new drop from Ter Mur.

Eternal Guardian Staff (Gnarled Staff)

· Mysticism: +15
    · Spell Channeling
    · SDI: 10%
    · LMC: 5%
    · Physical Damage: 100%

11. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

The fixes that talk about pulling in monsters to kill refugees makes me think we'll soon see an event that focuses on the refugees around the Royal City.

What's the point of keeping trial account characters out of "custom channels" when they can still use the non-custom channels??

12. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

It's a cheap fix.. hopefully until they can implement the CC required, one CC per trial account changes. This is the only way to fix a lot of problems, and I hope they're listening.

13. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Eternal guardian staff? What is that?

14. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Their choice of reaction to this problem, which to them is only a problem because of the player outcry against it, should tell you something.

Understand this, WoW built the perfect game for "farming", and they make millions off it every year. All the while doing just enough to keep the complaints from getting out of hand. Same as any other game, only on smaller scales. Everybody else has been adding content that is ideal for farming, especially notable is UO since it used to be random before AoS, and has added such game play that literally changed the face of the game.
    Do you really think, after all these years that problems like this have not been addressed, that it's just one of those things? (Not talking about dupe bugs, talking farming here.)

15. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

Eyes up, three posts

16. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

your right I was.

17. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Can someone link me to all the new Ter Mur arties? Present and future?

18. altarego

altarego Guest

19. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

i gotta get me one of those, what drops them?

20. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

On the new chat system.

Is there a kill switch for it?

Having all that babbling scrolling up the left third of the game window is annoying. Especially when crafting.

I'd like it normally off by default, and only switched on and cluttering the screen when I want it doing so. Currently it auto connects me.

21. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

As soon as the update is live on your home shard (should be live now) you will be able to "leave" the default chat channel and it will NOW remember your choice and it will be "off" for you until you choose to join a channel again.

source: http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=1536519&postcount=70

22. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

23. phantus

phantus Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If that's the case it better be on a vendor for a mil. Unless they are giving away tokens to get them. I already pay a subscription. If they want more money they need to come up with a way to shake down trial accounts or limited free accounts for it.

24. wrekognize

wrekognize Guest

LOL..buy an item that will save me 5% of a vendor charge. Wouldn't we be better off buying gold?