1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] Publish 64 - Available on Origins Today!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Feb 4, 2010.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

Origins will be receiving publish 64 today, for the notes on what's new please see this post and keep up the great feedback!

Additionally we have a few updates as well:

Publish

• Players should be able to enter Dungeon/Cave entrances without any issues now.
    Patch

• Removed Spam Filter

More...

2. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Um and the damage numbers and leeches? Oh well I'll log in later and see for myself.

3. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Very quick fix! I never had the problem but I'm sure those who did highly appreciate it!

4. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Will try to see what's new once Origin shows up in the shard list again.

5. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

So they're going to go ahead with the total smack down on Paladins and Pure dexxers while doing literally almost nothing to the real problem templates. But holy crap they added Throwing skill to the list of qualifying skills. Whatever. What a crock of crap.

6. Why is it that they have to publish updates in the middle of the day? I'll admit I don't know much about maintaining data integrity, managing servers, and things like that, but wouldn't it make a whole lot of sense to do an update immediately after the servers are backed up from the night before? So, like if a server goes down at 5AM, and is done backing up at 6AM, then put out the publish at that time?

The reason why I'm whining is because I just spent an hour and a half fighting the Rikktor spawn. Took him down to 10% when bam, Origin up an vanished. I'll be dead of course. The 10 or so pinks I had on me & my protector will go poof because I logged out in a spawn area. I didn't look at them closely, but I know there were some pretty good ones (no taming I'm sure). Of course, there's the matter of the 12 PS that I was about 3 minutes away from getting.

I don't know, there could have been server messages saying Origin is going down in 10 minutes or something. I know I didn't see anything, but it's possible I missed it because my screen fills up with text when I'm fighting like that. I mean, I don't know why they need to do a publish in the middle of the day, but if they know they are going to be doing it, couldn't they say something like a day or two in advance? This was some kind of secret or anything.

7. So, Origin came back up, don't know if the new publish was added or not. I guess I have good news and bad news (if anyone cares). Rikktor was gone, nowhere to be found, and the spawn area was inactive and empty. Which means, I came back alive, and still ave the pinks I earned before, but won't have a chance to finish Rikktor off for the 12 PS. Well, could have been worse I guess. Wish I could have killed him like 5 minutes faster :(

8. Smokin

Smokin Guest

Unfortunately that is part of being a test shard. You do know that is what Origin is for right.

9. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Pics of the new items, damn it.

10. canary

canary Guest

I'm still waiting for that HUGE list of bug fixes for the EC that was promised in December that would make players of the client 'very happy'.

11. panoramix2009

panoramix2009 Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran quebecois forever

where valentine gift?

12. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

The Gardener's Toolbox on Origin seems to work. I tested it with some non-stacking seeds, both individually and in a container. The tested seeds stack with each other now but I don't have new seeds of the same type to make sure they will stack with them too.

I would like to say once again that I'm disappointed with the location for the box. If left where it is, I feel that the test it spouts and the chest itself are ruining a spot that could be put to better use, especially considering that it probably won't see much use at all after the initial rush from people to fix their stashes of nonstacking seeds.

Can't you please put it somewhere else, even if it's just the NW corner of the area where that flower bed is located behind the Palace? Sticking it smack dab in the middle of a pretty flower bed just doesn't seem right. No gardener would just permanently leave their box of supplies in the middle of a flower bed.

13. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

is kind of in a bad spot visually but then again after a few months it most likely wont get used any more and could maybe be removed !

14. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Seems like a good Publish on balance, though I disagree with the JOAT . New items are always good for an antiques dealer.

Then again, I don't play with the Enhanced Client.

-Galen's player

15. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I think I discovered the problem:

Apparently, they put the publish on Origins, not Origin. Maybe that's why there is no V-Day content yet =).

16. canary

canary Guest

Is that like the time they publicly confused the Spirit of the Totem with the Totem of the Void? You could tell some people were really not on the ball, musta been too busy playing WoW... :twak:

17. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

No Valentine's Day content........but we do have insurance changes.

18. Anakena

Anakena Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

The good part of it is that it is prolly cheaper than a Valentine:thumbup:

19. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Perhaps the valentine gifts are set to turn on February 14th?