1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] Rubble in Magincia - Update

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Apr 13, 2011.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

It’s safe to place your rubble in Magincia again, we have removed the problem and this does not occur any longer. For those that placed Rubble pieces in your Magincia houses or might have logged out in Magincia and had Rubble disappear out of your bank, email me to barmstrong AT ea . com with the following information:

Account name:
    Shard:
    General location of the pieces

I will be taking emails till Thursday 4/21/2011. After that date I will start putting up backups of your shard on a TC and verify the items for replacement.

More...

2. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

wow - i had to reread this one a few times because i didn't believe my eyes - i think this one belongs in the UO miracle category - i've never seen anything like it - it's a MIRACLE - hehe

3. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, it's neat.

Looking at what they have to do to verify I think I understand one reason why they do not replace lost or stolen items more often. It seems like a royal pain in Mesanna's ass.

I wonder how they did it with the old AoS launch backpack drop issue.

How long, you think, before the cries of favoritism start?

-Galen's player

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I like that they are going to check and make sure the people had them so people cant lie and just say they had them

5. TheMac

TheMac Guest

Glad they are doing something about this

6. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

you know what i can't wait for though - it's gonna be like the movie bedazzled with brendan frazer and Elizabeth Hurley where she's the devil and she grants him wishes that go horribly wrong like when she turned him into that giant basketball player with a small package

i can't wait for the deliciously evil twist to this item recovery - like it's gonna take a year for them to get around to it or maybe when they replace the rubble it doesn't say rubble or it's the wrong color - who knows - something's gonna go horribly wrong in a way that's completely impossible to predict right now but it's gonna be good - i can't wait - hehe

7. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I can't believe it also. It would have been nice if they did this for me after I lost the entire contents of my house due to a bug. I placed another house to verify the steps involved. They fixed the bug a couple days later and all I got was a big we're sorry.

8. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

Thank You!!!!

This is important and means a lot to a fair number of people on a personal level.

It also means a lot to the entire player base when you take actions like this!

9. ChReuter

ChReuter Guest

Hrmm... I can already see a few ways to abuse this if I have read the above post correctly. One of which I would expect the team to see coming, but you never know. They seem to miss the obvious stuff at times. The other method might be a bit more complicated to prevent. We'll see...

If this was 11 years ago and I had a Mag plot, I probably would have attempted something shady myself. I just don't have the desire or interest in this sort of behavior anymore though. I kinda feel as though getting older has made me boring. :<

10. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I remember that. See if they can find a backup...
    Used to be "I'm sorry we cannot replace lost or stolen items"

Glad they finally figured it out.

11. Thav12

Thav12 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

This was always possible. They made a company-wide decision not to do it due to the obvious possibilities for abuse and disputes. I actually think it is sad they changed the policy. Not because the people that lost something dear to them don't deserve it back, but because so many people have lost, and will continue to loose things like JC in this thread. I am not crying favoritism, as some poster in this thread was trying to preempt any dissenting posts, but I do think it is globally unfair to those that have had bad things happen to them previously. I am a bit surprised at the quick jump to restore these items. I guess the critical mass was reached somehow, perhaps due to the fact that a lot of the rubble hoarders are people who spent a significant amount of time and money in and on the game. I would not want to loose those customers to bad press either, particularly since they are so vocal on the message boards. It is still some kind of favoritism, but not in the negative way it could be perceived. I actually understand it.

There are some significant consequences for the future though, in my opinion. If you do it now, because non-game changing pixels were lost by a bug, what are your parameters to do it again? Maybe you should sell a restore lost items option on UOGamecodes.com and get a paid team of character investigators who can investigate who lost what and when, to whom and do justice; but that is of course unreasonable and crazy.

12. Athens

Athens Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I think it is just great that they are moving forward it is all about the future not the past sometimes and anyone that complains really has not real feeling about where UO is going not where it has been!!!!! :thumbup:

BTW... Thank you to everyone at UO thats working on this and said Lets make this happen!!! :party:

FYI...I didn't lose anything so I won't be on the list for I just got my plot in Mag worked out last night.