1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] Talents of Sosaria

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Apr 20, 2011.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

Ultima Online is proud to have the players it does, and we know that among you are people brimming with creativity and talent. We are proud to announce that we will be highlighting player’s creative talents using the www.uoherald.com site to display submissions from you, our players! For the month of June, we’ll be highlighting those of you are skilled at drawing, sketching, vector art, digital art, and paintings. Submissions that adhere to the following rules will be accepted and put in a gallery for viewing at the UOHerald website. So get those brushes and pens out, dust off your tablets and canvas, and put your imaginations into high gear!

RULES

1. All submissions must be made to your primary play shards EM, via email as an attachment. (Your shards EM’s should have their emails posted on their EM forums or at their www.uoem.net website.)
    2. All submissions must be received by 11:59 PM in your shards local time zone, June 30th 2011.
    3. Submissions must be related to Ultima Online; please include a brief description of what your work is depicting in case there is any confusion.
    4. Submissions must be made by a valid email address so if there are any issues, correspondence can be initiated.
    5. No submissions will be accepted containing content inappropriate for a PG movie. (Ultima Online is rated T and submissions should reflect that.)
    6. Submissions must include the name by which you wish to be recognized for your submission.
    We’re looking forward to seeing the best of what you have to offer us, and we can’t wait to see the talents of our loyal players and citizens of Sosaria. Once your submissions have been checked over by your shards EMs, they’ll be passed along to us to post here on UOHerald after the deadline for submissions has ended!

More...

2. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

Hey this a great way to engage the Players *Claps*

3. Ok so I like this idea... pretty awesome actually.....

but this..........

No submissions will be accepted containing content inappropriate for a PG movie. (Ultima Online is rated T and submissions should reflect that.)

shouldnt this be reflected in game too????? I mean, do the Devs and GMs ever just log in to check out the game and see what goes on in global chat?

4. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Stick warriors ftw!

5. Alvinho

Alvinho Great Lakes Forever!
    Stratics Veteran

Agrees, and Cal I have yet to see what you sent me in a Private Message Implemented.....

6. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

1. Who do we apply to on siege?

7. MagicStar

MagicStar Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

kelmo?

if not maybe just try to submit to another em
    im kinda tired of seeing that shard ignored so if anyone wants in on this i say go down fighting

i bet if you pm cal or messana they will take care of it also

8. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

As Raptor pointed out, Siege has no EM. The EM website for Siege (siegeperilous.uoem.net) shows only a giant smiley face.

Other shards that also do not seem to have an EM include the following:

Arirang
    Asuka
    Balhae
    Formosa
    Hokuto
    Izumo
    Mizuho
    Mugen
    Wakoku

Over two years after the current version of the EM program began, one third of the shards (i.e., 10 out of 27) still have no regular EM presence and the people who play on them have once again had that fact rubbed in their faces by this announcement. Let's hope that any of those players who might be interested in this "event" figure out a method for submitting their artwork that doesn't reject the submission and make them feel even more snubbed than usual.

:wall:

*Edited to add: After I made this post, I received a PM from EM Drosselmeyer indicating that Siege players can send their submissions to EMDrosselmeyer at gmail.com. Nine shards to go.

9. Bazer

Bazer Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Stratics Legend

wow thats really just wrong

10. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

This statement is incongruous. A rating of T is equivalent to PG-13, not PG.

11. Ashlynn_L

Ashlynn_L Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Pretty sure they only added that so nobody goes and submits something like... illicit Blackthorn x Lord British artwork. Can't imagine something like that going up on the Herald site!

12. Lindae

Lindae Guest

Why must people keep shooting down my genius ideas?

*puts the sketchbook away* :(

13. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie

I wanna see what some of you have submitted so far!

Post me some art!

14. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

This seems to have gotten lost. Thought I would give it a helping hand at nearly 30 days since it was announced and just about five weeks from its conclusion.

15. Lord Raven

Lord Raven Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

So only visual art is considered "Talent?" With so many folks writing stories on these forums and others you would think that would be a catagory too.

16. Capn Kranky

Capn Kranky Guest

Players read pictures too, you know. <shrug>

17. Cirno

Cirno Purple Pony Princess
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

In the past, there have been fan-fiction contests (UO Stratics Fan Fiction), for which the same question could be posed in reverse.
    Although I have nothing against fanfiction, I am much happier to see the exploration of talents outside of the written word.

Perhaps these contests could be made more regularly, covering an even broader range (I would personally be interested in seeing/hearing people perform music from the Ultima games, and/or musical arrangements), while also giving similar attention to writing.

18. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie

SHOW ME YOUR FAN ART

19. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

My friend has done this wonderfull cover for stygian abyss.

[​IMG]

20. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Nicely done! I would buy that. :)