1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] Test Center Update - 7/26/10

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Jul 26, 2010.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

Greetings!

The following changes are now available on TC1 - have fun.

Publish 67 Notes

• Upkeep cost for Tribulation is lowered from 16 to 11
    • Upkeep cost for Despair is lowered from 18 to 13
    • Tribulation will no longer interrupt despair and visa versa
    • Both can be run concurrently at double the upkeep cost
    • Fixes were made for Treasure Map Spawn Locations
    • Guardians are no longer tameable
    • Tokuno Mobs will no longer drop invalid loot

More...

2. Lefty

Lefty Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Wow, I am surprised no one has posted on this change. Bards should be happy.

3. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

Still sounds like crazy upkeep cost.

Its its 11 mana per tick, then you run out of mana very fast.

4. Also still uses mana to start and charges upkeep mana before the 1st trick.. the damage should be instant the mana is used.

5. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Invalid loot?

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

They still haven't addressed our concerns about the T-map loot (such as the majority of us want ML ingredients added to the chest, instead of/in addition to Imbuing ingredients). What's the point of having ML recipes in the chest, that can be gotten easily by anyone willing to spend time and a lot of normal material in Heartwood, without the materials to actually USE the recipes?

7. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I didn't see anything about instant pet logging or a throwing fix :/.

8. LetheGL

LetheGL Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Sir, your concerns and suggestions are of no use or interest to Trammel players. Good day to you.

9. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

No mention of ML ingredients added as loot in Treasure Chests ?

Hallo ?

Can we please get to hear something about this ? Thanks.

Also, I read noting in this update about the fact that players still refer to items in the chests as "junk" meaning, that modifiers still roll too low.

And no word either about the drop rate for Forged Pardons which many think was too high and needed be reduced a lot.

10. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The drop rate of pardons can not be judged from the small sampling we have recorded.
    I have now done 15 maps and received no forged pardons at all.

Tbh all the recipes I've had so far are minor ones that don't need ML ingredients. Has anyone seen a major arti recipe?

Imbuing ingredients are far more useful to me.
    Do 'the majority' want them? I'm not sure that's totally accurate. I know popps and Basara do, but I'm unsure how many others agree.

11. popps

popps Always Present

Well, how many are registered for UO Stratics and how many players UO has ?

What I am trying to say, is that the Devs should make their changes beyond those who are active on Forums and in regards to the population of the game as a whole.

In that sense, I think, adding ML ingredients to Treasure Chest would help all those who enjoy playing a crafter.

Besides, since most if not all of the items (clothing, weapons and armor) are still junk, just put in a few less of this "junk" and add ML ingredients to spawn in stacks.

Or, just increase the total number of items spawning by a few and add ML ingredients in stacks.

It would not be such a big extra work and would make a few UO crafters happy out there.

12. Minerva Foxglove

Stratics Veteran

I hunt Peerless bosses one or two nights every week. Some guildmates give me their ingredients and I buy from others. Still I would be a very happy crafter if i could dig up the rest I need. Esp captured essences and taint! :thumbup1:

13. Fink

Fink Guest

Popps, most people simply don't know how to design games and shouldn't be consulted on every move the developers make, regardless of their enthusiasm. Also a lot of them aren't interested in providing input or they'd already be doing so. Pestering them for their vote on something would just be irritating and misleading in its result.

Similarly, you don't speak for all crafters as you claim. I have no use for ML ingredients, but I would like plenty of "junk" to imbue or unravel. I could care less about the inclusion of essences as they come from the Abyss anyway. An occasional relic fragment from a tough map would be nice, but that could come from unraveling.

I really haven't heard more than 2-3 people ask for ML "junk", so be careful in searching around for a majority vote. It can end up working against you. Just make your case without claiming the high ground or the weight of public favour. It seems like a reasonable request without dressing it up as some huge issue.

Good luck.

14. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

Absolutely not! That is a peerless specific material and should remain that way. I'm not really for ML mats in chests but if it ends up that way there better not be any Peerless specific mats in them i.e. captured essence, lard, eye, bones, mane, etc.

15. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable

I am all for ML mats of all sorts in the chest. ML has been out for a long long time now. More than enough time for someone to bury a chest full of valuable items... and include their ML mats stash.

I have always thought of t-hunting as an alternative playstyle to acquiring things normally won through other means. Not just imbuing mats, but anything someone would consider valuable. And I imagined the level of chest was dictated by the protective ward placed on the chest (the guardians summoned to protect it).

For example a miner may have just obtained 237 iron ingots and a handful of gems. The miner was leaving the mountainside for the day and buried his ingots and gems along with his armor and mining tools and some of the regs and scrolls he was packing. He didn't see the need to protect the chest so he just buried it and created a plainly drawn map to find the chest easily the next day. On his way home he was attacked by a gargoyle and the garg took his map. A bit later I killed the creature and claimed the map for myself.

Treasure chests also used to kind of tell me a story. That is, while I would sort through a chest, for fun I would try to picture what the person was like that buried it. Were they a man or a woman? PvMer or PvPer? Warrior, mage or archer? With the new changes, that revolve mainly around the new artifacts, the chests all seemed to be buried by the same person:

a PvP tamer, stashing his cache of thousands of sashes, talismans, shields and tasty treats, who went red and cant make it back to a tram rule set to get his pardons.

While I don't care much for the new maps, the random chest location spawn is growing on me. It isn't too difficult find the chests and it does make sense that chests are not buried in a pre-determined location. I don't even mind so much that I have to have mining on my temp to find chests more easily. I like that the guardians have to be defeated and they stay close to the chest.

However the changes that I do like only make the chest more difficult to obtain. Now I don't have every bit of feedback I have ever read about t-hunting in memory so I may have just chosen to remember the feedback that I agree with, but it seemed the main issue before the changes was that the end didn't justify the means. If what I have read here and discovered so far on my own is all there is to the changes in t-hunting, I still feel that the end doesn't justify the means.

16. popps

popps Always Present

Why you would not be in favour may I ask ?

Is it because they are Peerless specific and thus, one would expect them to come from Peerless bosses ?

If this is the case, then let's think what Treasures are, after all.

They are the treasure cache which belonged to someone else who, for security and to preserve it from losing it, store it away, hidden in the ground. To recover it, they draw a Map. Eventually, something happened and the original owner became unable to retrieve the treasure and the Map got lost only to be later found by someone else who digs the treasure up finding all of the nice goodies.

Under this roleplaying logic, it makes all sense that also Peerless specific ingredients (captured essence, lard, eye, bones, mane, etc.) might be in a Treasure Chest. they are there, because the original owner hunted them from Peerless back then and put them away in the chest for safety storage.

Think of it, like a House IDOC. Can't we find a bit of everything at an IDOC ?

A Tresure Chest is just like a small IDOC where all things should be able to be found....

If, instead, your concern is about ML ingredients becoming too available well, given how the game has changed we actually have this need to have an alternate source for them and Treasure Chests seem to be the best candidate for the reasons above explained.

As others have also pointed out, the interest in hunting Peerless has been reducing both because there is less players around and also because the new Lands (Stygian Abyss) with new items and the new storylines and Events make it so that it is becoming incresingly difficult for a crafter to find people hunting Peerless when one has time to play.

Look at the prices for ML ingredients, and look at the prices for crafted ML wares.

The crafted wares make it not possible to support ML crafting via the purchase of ML ingredients. The ingredients cost far more than the final price of ML wares.

Why ?

Because imbuing made many ML wares less wanted and interesting and so, their market plummeted.

So, what do we have here ?

We have crafters having and incresingly hard time finding fellow players to hunt Peerless, we have ML ingredients prices too high because of scarcity which do not make it worth crafting ML wares which have been surpassed by imbuing.

All this, is a recipe to leave yet another feature of the game unused : ML crafting.

The way out is there, though; it is allowing an alternate source for ML ingredients where crafters interested in ML wares might get them from : the new revamped Treasure Chests.

This is why, in either case, it would be advisable IMHO to have any and all ML ingredients spawn in Treasure chests (included the captured essence, lard, eye, bones, mane, etc.).

Or is there perhaps another reason why you would not be in favour of this addition to Treasure Chests ?

17. yars

yars Lore Keeper

i have to agree popps on most points, peerless hunting is hit or miss. as for crafting, maybe its your shard here on pac we dont have the ingredients as much(dread mane i.e.) but i see scrappers going for 75k at some vendors. and most other stuff is available already crafted.
    so ingredients are low
    ML crafted are high, depending on what your looking for.

18. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I don't want peerless regs in chest, you are only supposed to be able to get them from a peerless boss.....

19. popps

popps Always Present

And infact the original owner of the treasure did get them from a Peerless boss but then, just like we find things at IDOCs, when houses fall down, the original owner put the peerless ingredients, obtained from peerless bosses, into the chest together with other things which were seen as valuable, to be hidden away for safety.

We happened to find the Map, dig up the chest and find all of the goodies that the original owner stored away, included peerless ingredients, just like it happens at an IDOC when a house falls.

There is nothing I can possibly see as wrong or not logical with this.

20. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

sry im too bsy being smart to fall for your troll traps -

Say no to peerless regs in treasure chests!

21. phantus

phantus Stratics Legend

I add my vote for the lesser peerless ingredients to be added. I expect the sampire masters to all disagree. I play in groups and when you have more than 4 or 5 in a group and do a peerless you get too few of the lesser ingredients. Those that do peerless by themselves or in pairs don't have this issue.

22. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

As far as the bard changes go, you guys need to consider how lowering costs will effect PvP before you complain about the mana dumping. Up to now, UO really hasn't had too much of a buffer class (mysticism sort of one ups sw), and now that bards can buff everyone else, well, the general populace isn't satisfied with abilities meant only to help the group at the expense of the individual's ability to output damage. Thus the change by Logrus to allow disruption via spell casting. Except for the fact that the mana upkeep is not that much if you have 18 MR, which isn't very hard now, and the spells are sustainable via high MR count and/or Lich form, or they last long enough or without pause in combination of a pet, which is instant output without interruption. Those who complain about the bardic abilities really aren't investing any time into figuring out how they work, I guess. They just want easy mode on whatever configuration their bard currently runs.

23. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Do people even use peerless ingredients anymore? I think imbuing killed the peerless star. As far as the old peerless, at least.

24. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

If anyone does, I'd like to sell mine off. I've been collecting them and never use them :(.

25. popps

popps Always Present

That is the point.

Why therefore not add them to Treasure Chests for those who still want to do ML crafting ?

Hardly anyone but the sampires do Peerless any more and an alternate source for all Peerless ingredients is needed. The ingredients outcost the final crafted wares which makes ML crafting not viable unless an alternate source is provided.

Or, we can say goodbye pretty much, I think, to ML crafting in UO.
    Another wasted feature in this game I guess.............. oh well...........

26. Basara

Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Just like 80% of Imbuing ingredients are for things most people would never imbue at full enough intensity to use the special ingredients, only a few of the MONDAIN'S LEGACY ingredients (they are NOT "Peerless ingredients" - while they come on peerless normally, they are found on EM Event and Live event creatures, as well) are used - but are in such rarity that enough to make one item, sells for 10 times what one can charge for said item.

The ML designers made a major mistake by making nearly all of the desirable "craftable artifact" level items require 10 Taint to craft, or more (if you count the armor as one item, at least two pieces require taint), while making everything else nearly useless.

All you people screaming "NO" are complaining about your piles of Blight and Muculant. In doing so, you prove that you don't craft often - despite your claims otherwise. (if you are so upset with the items, try crafting things that require the items and unravel them for enchanted essence - since you seem to want more of that stuff that is mind-numbing easy to get).

All of us who are BEGGING for the addition of the items are hoping for a secondary source of Taint, and maybe some of the other items that are as rare (not everyone runs a peerless solo gimplate).

27. Basara

I have a better idea, Fink - FOLLOW YOUR OWN ADVICE.

28. MYUO

MYUO Guest

IMO, loot table of the treasure chest can include every useful resources, such as rare gems, colored wood and ingots, ML and imbuing ingredients, etc. Only one type spawn in each chest.
    The most important thing is the drop rate and quanities. You don't want to make treasure chest substitute every other professions and adventures, instead, it should have just right attractions to a wide range of players.

29. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Sounds to me like some people just want to grind out scrappers for slayers...

30. Lefty

Lefty Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

ML stuff in chest wouldn't be so bad. I remember we had that blackrock turn in and many people stocked up on a ton of ML ingredients. That is to show you it isn't game breaking.

31. MYUO

MYUO Guest

Then won't it be logical to ask dev fix ML artifacts or shuffle the types of ingredients required for crafting the items?

If dev wants to address the issue of the imbalanced usage of ML ingredients via treasure hunting, they should just add taint or whatever in short supply to the chest, although that sounds a bit absurd.

If the price of a crafted artifact can not cover the price of the resources, that crafted artifact is not useful or unique enough.

32. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

People are really concerned about ingredients for dead items? Make a sampire... then spend 20 minutes killing dread horn over and over and over.

The major thing that needs to be looked at is the effectiveness of bards. If you had a group of 10 people all bards all doing AoE damage just from a song THEN add any other AoE on top of it... it's going to be ridiculous. What is that? 10-12 damage uninterrupted(Disco Spec)? then say another 10-20 damage from w/e AoE you choose. Time it well that's 200-320 damage to every target in the area/2 seconds. You could raid anyone on 4/6 Chiv/bard/disco/wrestling characters or mages w/e you choose. Just seems a bit to easy kinda like not having to farm peereless bosses for peerless only loot, or spell plague archers.

33. popps

popps Always Present

Wait a minute.........

making a sampire to solo a Peerless boss can be ok but having ML ingredients added to Treasure Chests would not be ?

Excuse me ??

I find it way more unreasonable that a Sampire template might exist, not to mention solo a Peerless Boss, than ML ingredients could ever be found in Treasure Chests......

34. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Say No to zerg champ raiding nerds that want to hog everything for themselves while pretending to tell you to go get them yourself if you want them because its risk vs reward when what they really want is more fresh meat to slaughter but i dont really care because most of you will be gone when the 3rd party app ban hammer comes a swinging and im intentionally leaving out punctuation and proper grammar because your response has frankly made me tired.

35. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Say no to whiners who can't figure out PvP to defend their champ spawns.

I'll tell you flat out that I raid spawns to kill people, and if I'm working a spawn its to provoke a fight.

What are you going to cry about when everyone that beat you before continues to beat you when this "3rd party ban hammer" comes?

But stop trolling - this thread is to discuss the publish notes, not use it as your e-hankerchief.

Thanks bud, and happy posting!

36. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor

Agreed!!

37. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Actually I've posted plenty of ideas nerfing the solo sampire templates, but nothing sticks like normal. The point is they're suppose to be valued because of the limited ways you're able to collect them. They should stay peerless only and they need to add new recipes so they can reclaim they're value with new craft able items. The old stuff's pretty much obsolete.

38. Righteous

Righteous Guest

I wandered around for hours (most of sunday) on PAC trying to find Monstrous Interred Grizzle bones and couldnt find them. 100's of the lard, anywhere from a couple to dozens of the rest. I didnt see any vendors selling the bloodwood set, which is what I am trying to make another set of. As for the lesser ML ingredients there are some vendors that have some of the ingredients but you would have to go to quite a few vendors before you would be able to find all the ingredients but nothing in what I would call bulk. I think the level 6 maps should have a chance to have the major ingredients and maybe on the lower 4-6 maps the lesser ML ingredients I don't think that would totally make peerless useless to do but would give another smaller source to get the ingredients the crafters need.

Righteous

39. I am pleased with the loot upgrade for treasure chests. I'm not a high end player and don't expect to get high end loot from a treasure chest that a friend and myself can do. Keep the elite items elite.

40. LetheGL

LetheGL Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

You do realize that the skills/items required to make such a template came about because of people like you? The ones wanting easier ways to obtain the hard to acquire (insert any item that takes some work to acquire here). Yet you find it unreasonable?

41. Basara

And, when there is such a thing as "peerless regs", let me know.

There are Mondain's Legacy Ingredients, and countless EM and Event creatures have proven that the lower tier of them (Muculent up through Taint) are NOT bound to the Peerless bosses only.

There are specific Boss-only Ingredients, and I can understand why one would not want them in chests (I don't agree, but I understand), to maintain rarity.

But it's pretty stupid that one has to pay 1 million for 10 Taint, to mostly make items that you can sell only for 50-500k 99% of the time (with about a 1% shot at a Scrappers worth more than the million plus invested), usually closer to 50k than to 500k.

My personal opinion is that Bushido, Necromancy and Chivalry should be limited to where if you have one of the skills over 40 points (with or without equipment, you cant have either of the other two be more than half the highest skill's real value (with or without equipment).

In other words, with 100 real necromancy skill, bushido & chiv would be capped at 50 modified total - even if you had Midnight Bracers raising Necro to 120, and +40 in Chivalry equipment to add to the 50.

The Chivalric and Bushido codes do not mesh with each other well, and both are completely opposed to the concepts behind necromancy.

(which is why I've never had a Sampire - the entire idea is enough to make anyone the slightest bit familiar with real-life Bushido cringe)

42. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I think parts of this are a great idea. Mixing bushido/necro I don't really see a problem with though.

I think the opposites should be
    Necro/Chiv
    Bushido/Ninjitsu

if one's 40.1 the other shouldn't raise past 40.

43. popps

popps Always Present

They have become so valued, with the way the game has been changing and evolving, that it killed most of the ML craftables............

How good is it in a game to have features go unused and wasted ?

And this why ?

To support the greed of those few players who have sampires to solo the Peerless bosses ?

No thanks.

ML ingredients need to find an alternate source like with Treasure Chests or we will simply see ML crafting disappear in UO.

It is ridicolous that ingredients cost more than the final wares. This has become, at least to my opinion, clearly a design issue and, therefore, Design needs to address it.

44. popps

popps Always Present

What are you talking about here ?
    I am lost.

We have imbuing which can make pretty much any custom made item we want.
    With the modifiers we want and intensitites we want.

Pretty usefull and powerfull yes ?

Now, in order to get that done we need imbuing ingredients.
    Imbuing ingredients have various sources already and now have been added to Treasure Chests, also.

So, summing it up, we have cool, powerfull items that can be made custom made and ingredients available from various sources.

Now let's get to ML craftables.

They are hardly as powerfull as custom made imbuable ones. They come with set modifiers and set intensitites which is, clearly, a limitation.

So, we have ML items LESS powerfull than imbued ones and yet, these ML items have ingredients to make them which are a royal pain to get and, with less and less players going Peerless because attracted by Stygian Abyss spawns and Events, make ML crafting near to impossible ?

Excuse me ?

I see no freaking reason why ML ingredients (all of them) should not be added to Treasure Chests.

Actually, I see MANY more reasons as to why ML ingredients should be added to Treasure Chests way before imbuing ingredients should........

So, it beats me why they have not yet been added to Treasure Chests and I do sincerely hope that the Developers will reconsider this oversight and add ML ingredients (all of them) to Treasure Chests before the publish is released.

45. Anyone with a Greater Dragon can solo peerless too, so quit being so jealous. Nobody likes a hater. :gun:

You have so much hate happening it's pretty clear that you have a not-so-well-hidden agenda outside of your current soap box derby.:popcorn:

46. Haddy G

Haddy G Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I don't mind if ML ingredients spawn in the chest as long as peerless equivalent guardians spawn. It would make it more interesting IMO.

47. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I would like to see ML ingredients in treasure chests as well. Plus imbuing ingredients.

Just to clarify, I am not asking for them to be available for level 1 or 2 chests. Nor am I asking for stacks of 10s etc. Just something like 1 for lvl 3, 2 for lvl 4, 3 for lvl 5 and 4 for lvl 6.

Taking into account the time needed to get fight the mobs, getting it to drop maps, decoding, finding the spot (random now, no rune libraries), digging it up and then defeating the guardians etc, I really think it isn't any threat to peerless hunters who can do peerless runs in 20 to 30 mins. Plus they get a chance at crimmies and other peerless arties.

What it does add, is an ability for those that have no chance at peerless (yes solo sammy works, but not if these folks ping 300 or more)to get ingredients.

It also adds an extra dimension to treasure hunting that will increase the longevity of this new t-hunting system.

Personal request - can luck be made to improve loot in the chests also?

48. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

I done an adeptly drawn treasure map and the recipe was the pendant of the magi.

49. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

I quit reading this about halfway down the page.

Put simply, what we dig up is susposed to be a treasure someone felt was valuable enough to hide to protect it.

What we've typically dug up in the past has looked more like someone's buried trash. Little, if anything, worth sorting through, much less keeping. All I usually kept were the regeants for my Alchemist/Scribe, the gems, and the gold.

When we get done with a chest there is a pile of junk by the chest tieing up system resources, and a disgusted player with little of value for his time and effort.

If you really want to fix treasure hunting, have the chests contain a buried treasure. Not what looks like someones buried trash!

50. Fink

Fink Guest

In what sense?

If you'll read my post, I'm not trying to force an agenda here. Nor am I claiming popularity or majority as I have little faith in mob mentality.

I personally wouldn't use the ML ingredients so I refuted the comment that "all crafters" would benefit. One can make a valid point without needing the support of the masses or claiming to speak on their behalf. I felt that was relevant to the discussion.

I never said adding ML ingredients were a horrid idea or that I was opposed to it. You've even quoted where I said it seems like a fair petition and wished popps good luck with getting it approved.

Pardon me, but I don't see why you would want to shout me down. If I have offended you in some way, which seems to be the case, then I do apologise.

---

Back on topic, I find the bard skill changes are a nice tweak. Are there any new slayer instruments?