1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] Test Center Update - 7/28/10

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Jul 28, 2010.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

Greetings!

The Following changes are now available on Test Center - have fun!

Publish 67 Notes

• Adding SOT’s to Felucca Treasure chests
    • Added updated properties to the Mana Phase Orb
    • Can no longer imbue Durability onto a Brittle item
    • Pre Existing Ilshenar Treasure Maps will now be tagged with an Artifact Rarity 0 tag
    • Item counts have been adjusted for all treasure chests
    • Added Reagents back to the chests
    • Forged Pardons drop chance has been reduced
    Patch 4.0.8.2 (Enhanced Client)

• Cliloc updates
    Patch 7.0.8.1 (Classic Client)

• Cliloc updates

More...

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

see people they listen

3. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

"Pre Existing Ilshenar Treasure Maps will now be tagged with an Artifact Rarity 0 tag"

Yay!! *wonders if, being artifacts, they can be dyed with Tokuno dyes*

:D

4. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Some nice changes! Glad the reagents are back, They were always nice to collect.

5. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

To the minority.

6. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

It is not over yet by putting regs back in it shows they are listening there could be complications or maybe they did add them and its just not in the notes ....I say go check first

7. Jandruz

Jandruz Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Looks like some good changes.

8. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

how did you come to the conclusion "minority" ?
    "Item counts have been adjusted for all treasure chests"
    this could mean they increased the item count to also include regs we wont know till someone checks

9. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Nothing for fishing?

10. canary

canary Guest

OK I sent it in, and its not game stopping, but could they PLEASE get Slither so it can be dyed with pigments? I can't see it taking more than 5 minutes to be implemented.

11. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

I just did a level 5 map in Tokuno and it had 62 magic items!!!! My imbuer will be set for life with residue and essence!

12. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Nothing for fishing?

I would assume fishing would be in a separate publish (if they do it).

13. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

aww shucks, i was looking forward to getting those pardons to repent my murderous ways on a few chars. 10 out of 13 chars across one shard is interesting, and some of them haven't been logged into in a long time =/ Guess it will just take longer to make them blue again!

14. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

I have removed the entire 'peerless regs in chests' argument, it does not belong on this thread. Can we please discuss the changes that are in the OP in this thread.

15. popps

popps Always Present

Is it possible to at least know where the discussion on something game-related of interest to some players ended up going ?

Because it looks, from a recent poll, that 86%+ of crafters DO ARE interested in ML ingredients being added to Treasure Chests (that is more than 6 out of 7 crafters, folks...)....

I ask, because I cannot seem to find the moved posts anywhere and even though it takes time, part of our life, to write our posts, still we do it taking time away from other things in the hope to see the discussions we bring up help improve the game we enjoy to play, and hopefully become a better one .....

Thank you for the information.

16. Petra Fyde

I have opened a thread for discussion of this topic. Please try to keep the tone I have set.

17. popps

popps Always Present

A link please ? I am looking but I cannot find the thread.

Thank you.

18. Petra Fyde

19. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed

Bringing back reagents into t-chests is a nice one. Even if I am not that much affected, i guess t-chests are are a fine way to gather reagents on siege.

20. popps

popps Always Present

Thank you.

One courtesy if you can, please, since some of the posts removed were quite long winded and well thought (I particularly remember a very well written post from Basara, detailed and well explained in the reasons supporting the addition of ML ingredients to Treasure Chests), in order to avoid to have to write them back up again could you add them to the thread you created anew ?

Thank you very much.

21. Lefty

Lefty Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The Squeaky wheel gets the oil. From all counts I do not see how this is game breaking.

22. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

One minute people complain because they want more stuff, the next they complain that it benefits someone else (in addition to them) and want less. Personally I was happy with how it was, for allowing me to easily drop some counts AND line some (new) pockets.

23. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

People do not like to see others benefit from their actions (even if it means paying them).

24. Lefty

Lefty Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Yep. Time to talk to the Union delegate.

[​IMG]

:gun:

25. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable

Can we get scrolls back too?

26. Sonoma

Sonoma Guest

This is all great, and thanks for listening to the player base on a lot of these... it is greatly appreciated!

I would also like to make a plea that you replace the Vines with some other graphic that is different from the ones that is a rare drop on the Primeval Lich. There is nothing quite so frustrating as working very hard for a very long time and then having your reward turned into something common. This would be like including Ghost Anchors and Ruined Paintings as treasure chest loot. Before everybody gets worked up, I am not talking about the gold value of the item. I am talking about the intrinsic value of having something unique to show for your accomplishment. Simply changing the weight of the item or the name doesn't really cut it in this case. The chance at a Ghost anchor is what makes those nets worth tossing. If all you could get was a pair of plain boots that simply had a different weight and a title of "Rare Plain Boots", those nets would not be worth doing. It is the same for these vines. They are a nice graphic that is not "needed" in every day game play, but is a nice reward for some hard work. Please don't destroy that by making them common deco that will soon be littering the luna bank floor.

Thanks for listening, and I bring this up because I hope the point will be taken into consideration in future game developments as well, not just in this case alone. Please stop recycling rewards and making rare items common. And thanks again for the steps you have already taken. Again it is appreciated.

27. Twooflower

Twooflower Guest

Fully agreeing to this post - please keep uniqueness of the vines than can be obtained from Primeval lich champs.

The changes that were made to the content of the chests look fine for me - but pleeeeeaaaase:

Look into the content of chests from the sea also in a future publish - give the poor underemployed fishermen in UO country a perspective for future employment ..... :thumbup1:

28. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Why list the old maps as "Artifact Level 0?" Why not a 1? Or hell, an 11? I don't own any, I'm not much into rares, but just curious why "0."