1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] The Escapist Showdown - Vote for Bioware!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Apr 7, 2010.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

The Escapist has been running a 2010 March Mayhem: Developer’s Showdown where the top 64 developers go head-to-head to see who is best (by the Escapist Community). BioWare has come out on top against Rare, Gearbox, Epic Games, and Blizzard and now we’re pitted against Valve in the Final Round.

If you have an account on The Escapist and want to vote for whom you think should win, simply go here:
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/532.185761-Poll-Final-Showdown-1-Valve-vs-1-BioWare

For extra credit (counts as second vote and you make your followers aware of the voting), you can also “tweet” who you voted for:

• Follow @TheEscapistMag
    • Tweet any of your match-up choices using our tournament link http://bit.ly/aANIUR and the hashtag #escMM. You must tweet referencing the developer's Twitter account.
    So get out and show your support for our good friends at Bioware!

More...

2. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

Eh...You're asking us to vote for Bioware on a UO board?

what?

3. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

What's good for Bioware is good for bizness yes? :)
    If anyone needs the UO "connection"..... vote for Leurocian!!!! hehe

4. AesSedai

AesSedai Guest

- As well as one of the longest lasting UO Dev. residents, engineer Stormwind (Jason Spangler).

5. ProZac

ProZac Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

You do know BioWare controls Mythic therefore controls the fate of UO, yes?

6. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Personally, I'd love to see some Bioware goodness being added to UO.

7. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

While I had not heard anything official about Bioware and Mythic operating as anything but separate studios to date, I think this portends good things.

:D

8. ProZac

ProZac Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

"EA announced its intentions to merge its RPG divisions - most prominently including Mythic and BioWare - under a single RPG/MMO banner helmed by BioWare founder Ray Muzyka. Longtime Mythic boss Mark Jacobs, on the other hand, is leaving." (24 June 2009)

You do realize BioWare is working on its' own MMORPG right? One they expect to have millions of subs. Something makes me doubt they're going to allot any of their dev resources to a game with less than 50k. Not to mention the fact that Mark Jacobs, the long time CEO of Mythic and man that convinced EA not to shut down UO is no longer with the crew. If anything it's nothing but bad news for UO unless you think EA counts this latest expansion as a huge success...

9. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

SKIEZ IZ FAWLIN

10. ProZac

ProZac Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Funny, I guess. Ignorance is bliss? ;)

11. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

You're doomsaying over old news, prompted by a largely irrelevant poll.

12. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Used to like BioWare stuff, not played any of their newer releases for a couple of years, so won't be voting for them because I don't know their product well enough - same reason I won't be voting for Valve.

Certainly won't vote for some company simply because they are part of the EA empire, a conglomerate who treat customers like an inconvenience and consistently fail to properly support their best game, and then asks us to help rig a poll in their favour. Tacky, but that's the EA way...

13. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

Well, Bioware did actally make this - Bringing down the Sky. Not sure how it is exactly relevant though :D

14. Violence

Violence Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Wouldn't you agree that UO has proven time and again it is quite resistant to Shut-Down Damage? :p

Not saying that's good or bad.. But it surely is true. So who knows when or how(or, if you're a true optimist, IF) the sky will fall. Pointless to debate about it, just enjoy the game or don't. :)