1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] The War of Shadows has begun!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by _zigzag_, Oct 31, 2008.

1. _zigzag_

_zigzag_ Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Apr 5, 2004
    [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Publish 56 allows cities in Trammel to be attacked by monster invasions when sigils are captured in Felucca. This weekend several cities will be attacked regardless, as the Shadowlords assert their new powers through their alliance with the crimson dragons.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Affected cities include:[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]* Britain
    * Skara Brae
    * Magincia
    * Minoc
    * Moonglow
    * Trinsic
    * Vesper
    * Yew

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Beware NPCs in invaded towns! Hatreds will attack, Falsehoods will steal, and Cowardices will... run away.

Please be aware that if you log into a city under invasion, you will be teleported to safety in Jhelom.

2. DHMagicMan_1

DHMagicMan_1 Guest

Are all the towns going to be invaded all weekend long or are they going to be coming and going with a max of 3 towns invading at any given time?
  3. Draconi

Draconi Most explosive UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Aug 20, 2004
    This initial push activated every town. From here on out it'll be a max of three at a time.
  4. Doireann

Doireann Guest

Can you fix it so if another faction owns it, I can't recall in? Shadowlord currently has most of the sigils on Atlantic except Moonglow, Magincia, and Vesper. Minoc is currently neutral. I can recall into those towns. I can't recall into the others, they redirect me.
  5. Littleblue

Littleblue Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    If the Shadowlords have most of the town sigils, then aren't those towns under invasion?

No one can recall or log-in to a town that is under invasion. That's the part about being teleported to Jhelom. Pretty sure this was intended as part of the design.

Doesn't take very long at all to use the closest moongate and run or ride to town. I rather enjoy doing that anyway...reminds me of my first days of exploring. You never know what you might come across....maybe even meet a new friend, or gain the respect of an enemy you had yet to face in battle. :)
  6. Doireann

Doireann Guest

Oh, yes. The ones the shadowlords ran were working correctly. But the one COM owned and the neutral, I recalled in on my Crafter. :(
  7. Traveller

Traveller Guest

Guys, please remmeber that the invasion is in TRAMMEL. Any city on fel is and should be recallable. Actually one of the fixes of pub56.1 was to make those cities recallable again. Besides neutral and order (thus COM) cities in trammel have NO invasion, thus they should be recallable too, past this weekend.
  8. Did you forget to turn on Pacific? Not a single thing going on in any of the towns. Brit and Moonglow both have no recall, but there's nothing there.
  9. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Oct 27, 2003
    are ya sure it wasn't pushed back last nite, Connor? I haven't checked all towns yet this morning, but a few hearty souls on Legends cleared a few of them by 10pm or so last nite :)
  10. I have no idea, but Draconi said it would be forced over the weekend, with faction control of it taking place after this weekend is over. I would think that it would start up again somewhere else at least after server up if this is the case.