1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] UO Game Time Code Available in Origin Store

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Nov 8, 2011.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

The 3 Months and the 6 Months Game Time Codes for Ultima Online are now available in EA's Origin store.

This gives you the chance to pay with EA Cash Cards along other payment options (credit cards, ClickandBuy and PayPal). Please note that additional payment options specific to your locations may be available in your regions.

Check it out.

More...

2. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Ah HA!

So the cards you buy in the store as well as the cards you by on the origin site can now be used for UO..very nice!

Thank you for this :)

3. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

And new payment methods looked at the site not only credit cards are supported also paypal and many other methods, also nice prices.

:thumbup1:

4. A Thought Elemental

A Thought Elemental Journeyman

Finally...

Edit: oh dear. This page is loading in the Finnish language. It's assuming because I come from a Finnish IP, that I can read Finnish. And I can't see a link to change the language...

site's unintelligible atm...

5. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

About time they start getting the Origin stuff straightened out. Now end the game codes website and have all of that available through Origin or through the account management.

6. A Thought Elemental

Seriously... anyone know what I can do to make this page load as english language?

7. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Excellent News!

Thank you :)

8. AesSedai

AesSedai Guest

- Good to hear!

(I don't intend to use it.. but it is a great option for many that I'm sure will utilize it.. just another brick in the wall making UO more user friendly for more to enjoy it)

9. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

All I can do is lololololol on that post. Good post was to funny.

Makes me wonder what word you actually used when you first found out lol.

Good job on adding gametime to Origin :thumbup1:

10. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Google Translate

From there maybe you can read enough to see how to change the language - or at least get enough info to make the purchase you need.

11. A Thought Elemental

Wow its... it's not translating a single word of it.

The URL I get redirected to when I click the link in the OP is: store.origin.com/store/eaemea/fi_FI/home/ThemeID.850300/ccRef.en_US . That is the one I put into the translate page. Putting the original url in makes it tell me that it's already in english. I presume google gets the english one by default and I get this wonderful Finnish language redirect.

aw man.

12. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

Try this..

How to use a proxy? Anonymous internet

13. Lythos-

Lythos- Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

From the description it says to enter the code under account management. Does this mean codes will be given again now?

14. TheChocolits

TheChocolits Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Clicked and was redirected to the asian (Taiwan) Origin site coz I'm living here. Didn't see any gametime code but only one UO product which was Stygian Abyss Expansion Pack + 30 Days Game Time for NT$890 (aprox US$29.665), so I'm guessing the gametime code is only limited to certain regions. o.0

15. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

That is correct. You'll note in the post it says:

Please note that additional payment options specific to your locations may (not) be available in your regions.

*The word *NOT* isn't there but I think that was an unintentional error :)

I get the UO:SA account upgrade, 3 and 6 month gametime, High Seas Booster and UO:SA New Account code.

Not much but it's a great start. I would have liked to see the grand bizarre pack in there as well but maybe that'll come later :)

16. TheChocolits

TheChocolits Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah I know, I was kinda hoping they'd have them on 'my region' too. Seems like every other region(Japan & US?) gets them but us... Oh well..So much for hoping..:sad3:

17. A Thought Elemental

18. AesSedai

AesSedai Guest

- I raise your meh with a heh.. and a doh.

(too funny, kinda)

19. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

Unless I'm mistaken, they don't seem to be available in the UK, but then EA UK hasn't had anything for UO in years - expansions are bought from uogamecodes.com.

20. Salivern_Diago

Salivern_Diago Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I've had them come up Petra. £24.99 for 3 months and £37.99 for 6 months. Makes the 6 month option seem very reasonable. Also got the standard High Seas Booster, SA Upgrade and SA new Account options.

Here

21. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

oki, I got it now. That didn't come up for me before, just warhammer and DAoC

22. MedeaDF

MedeaDF Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

This sounds and looks very good for us europeans! :)

Also the prices (comparing $ and EUR) are very good, if you remember the older prices!

Now, please add the 1 Month GTC option also!

:thumbup1:

23. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm glad at the news, seems to be progress at last - although I'm still holding back until I hear for sure that people who buy the codes from the Origin site can apply them without problems to their accounts.

24. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie

:party: :danceb: :cheerleader: we got 6 months for around 58 USD after conversion :mf_prop:

25. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Perhaps you have a friend or family member in the region who can purchase and apply it to your accounts? Then you can reimburst them the funds once its done.

26. Gorbs

Gorbs Sage
    Stratics Veteran

It shows for me as 3 mo - $39.99 US and 6mo - $59.99 US.

Are they charging any additional tax(es) on this? If so it's more expensive to buy the 3 mo game time than to pay month to month for me ($13.64 after some phantom tax began being applied).

Also, FYI, there is a $10 off code/promotion on the site, but it does not apply to gametime. You have to spend a minimum of $30 on games (older than 30 days) to achieve it .

27. A Thought Elemental

This is killing me. It's not even a case of something not being offered in my region. I can't even see what's there.

It's strange for an international company to force a Finnish language localization with no means to step back to English. Finnish language in particular is obscure in terms of international presence and not everyone who lives here understands it. In fact this country has 2 languages, the other one being Swedish.

It's only the very local companies that do their sites as Finnish language only. The internationals tend to allow you to switch to English. For example - MySpace.com, the page loads as Finnish language localization but at the bottom right there is a tiny link which says "Suomi". Suomi means Finnish Language in Finnish, and this is the link to switch the language. I can click that and switch to English and the site remembers it for a while.

Google is also like this. It initially loaded in a Finnish language localization, and then I was able to tell it to switch to English, and it's held onto that preference ever since.

I don't even see how to give origin store this feedback. I cannot read the site well enough to find a feedback link.