1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[UO Herald] Welcome to the UO Archive

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Oct 13, 2009.

1. UO News

UO News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed Stratics Veteran

We have added a new section to the UO Herald called the Archive. We have imported all of the information spread out on UO.com to one central location. This includes all of the BNN articles, past storylines, Player Spotlights, and much much more. To get to this section just click the Archive button to the left or click HERE.

More...

2. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Including the audio! Excellent stuff :)

Edit - Seems a problem with 26 though, it's not in the .rar and the link from the page can't find the file....
    And yes, as that implies, I'm listening to the lot ;)

3. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

There appears to be a lot of information missing. Comparing BNN articles to what is available on UOGuide shows many not available in the new archive.

4. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Agreed, it's far from complete - but I'm glad to have even this much back. Hopefully they'll soon be letting us get to whatever else survives from those days...

5. Chrissay_

Chrissay_ Guest

I pulled all of the info from the raw html files. I will dig a little deeper to see if there are any other hidden articles. There was a time in october of 01 that they did something to the site with the saved files. So some things may not have been saved over properly.

6. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

It's a great start Chrissay, thanks! :)

7. Kurgan

Kurgan Guest

Thank you Chrissay for finding and converting the old BNN audio files.
    Love listening to those.. :)

8. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

9. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I'm just glad that the BNN audio files are back from the dead, even partially.

10. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

It's too bad the Inu arc is sort of scattered about between categories and seems to be missing a few pieces. Trouble was that much of that event was only announced by cryptic headers on the uo site and most of the story unfolded in-game or on the boards (now lost to the great disk crash).

11. Darknat

Darknat Guest

That's probably around the time they deleted a few entries about Ilshenar because they were changing some of the backstory for Lord Blackthorn's Revenge.

I think, the best way to check the real dates of most of those is using archive.org site.

Anyway, great work so far, I hope to see a complete version.

As a suggestion, it would be a good idea to have an option to see all the articles ordered by their id. Some are out of order (like the battle for Trinsic number 65).

12. Chrissay_

Chrissay_ Guest

Most of the earlier dates (pre october 01) were educated guesses. After that most of them either were saved on the correct date or had it listed (such as the BNN articles). In some cases they didn't add the information til a month or so later... If you are aware of the exact month and year please feel free to send that info to the feedback form :) http://www.uoherald.com/feedback/index.php Include the link and I can research it a bit further.

There were around 1500 articles that were imported over.