1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UO Inspired Metal

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Zeomne, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Zeomne

Zeomne Guest

Ahoy, bucaneers ! I am currently working on a death metal album written and inspired in Britannia. The album is called "Serpents Hold" and is our tribute to this amazing world . We have been active in the UO community since 1997 and we hope fellow UO/metal fans across the world will enjoy our brand of chaotic bardic enchantments !

For fans of Finntroll, Moonsorrow, Equilibrium, and Amon Amarth.

Rejoice, ogres !

Click here ...
    inRed

2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Sweet I'll certainly check it out.

3. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Not my style... but it seems UO related. Good luck. Musicianship was very good. I guess I am just too old to appreciate growly singers... I know many that do though.

4. Zeomne

Zeomne Guest

Yes it is very UO related ! The story is set entirely in the UO universe, also inspired by the story from Death Note ..

5. Raknar Skarsol

Raknar Skarsol Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Really nice !! Thumbs Up !! :)

6. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

this for me too - I'm more of a Third Day fan

7. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I just pretend thats how mondain would sing.

Awesome Album man!

8. Daga Taga

Daga Taga Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Very Good!!! I like all genres of music, and I will say it sounded good to me.

9. Zeomne

Zeomne Guest

Thanks, guys :D Really appreciate the kind words . and yes, I've heard Mondain yell, he is my inspiration for vocals. I smash crystals with him all day. This isn't the complete album, though ! The very best song (the finale) "The Last Battle" will be going up in a week or two. Stay posted !

10. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I cant find the word to describe how cool this is, I especially liked the seventh track.

11. Willard

Willard Seasoned Veteran

Awesome---Love it!

12. Zeomne

Zeomne Guest

Hey, bucaneers ! I just put up 2 new tracks for this album. THE LAST BATTLE (our best one yet!) and STONE HEARTS. 2 very epic new additions to the story that I hope you will all enjoy !

inRed

I'll be in Delucia tomorrow morning ! Seeyouthere!

13. Raknar Skarsol

Raknar Skarsol Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

14. In Flames

In Flames Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Just listened to the album. Really awesome.

As a fan of stuff like Hypocrisy, Dark Tranquillity, Darkane, Amon Amarth, and Ancient Existence, I'd like to say

I Approve.

^^

15. In Flames

In Flames Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Well, now you need to post your music for sale on Amazon so I can give you monies ^^

16. Boba

Boba Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

sick blast beats!

17. Zeomne

Zeomne Guest

haha thanks IF. Yes those are all amazing bands. "The Arrival" by Hypocrisy is one of my all-time favs. And trust me, I'm working really hard, doing all in my power, to bring this project to the masses, to the next level, as a big tribute to UO. . (o and so'z I can c0llect lots of moniez .) :D

18. Zeomne

Zeomne Guest

and actually "Damage Done" album by Dark Tranquillity is the first full metal album I learned on piano. (Gr8 learning experience.) and lets not forget IN FLAMES themselves ! Their old stuff like Moonshield is legendary, but I'm even a fan of the new stuff! 'xcited for Sounds of a Playground Fading :D

19. Zeomne

Zeomne Guest

Just put up a bonus track for the Serpents Hold album ! A cover of Milky Way's "Anataboshi" ! My first venture into singing in Japanese ! Show your japanese friends !!

Anataboshi (Milky Way Cover) | inRed

There's still one more original track to come to finish up the album.

Stay Tuned, bucks !

You can still download the rest of the album here:
    inRed

20. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I totally love the whole concept of a UO inspired album. Thumbs up!

21. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie

Still the most awesome thing to exist in a long time.

22. Zeomne

Zeomne Guest

Bonk !! We've just put up a new track ! Track number twelve on inRed . A key element of the plot twist ensues ! Thanks for your interest, fellow Stratics members !

Betrayal (The Secret Enemy) | inRed <-- That'll take ya right to it.

I hope to meet up and adventure soon!
    -Zeomne

23. Zeomne

Zeomne Guest

Hey guys! Just wanna thank you all so much for helping us reach 500 downloads and 4000 plays in just under 2 months! Thank you so much, there is more to come!

I'd also just like to inform you of another project I'm working on now.. It is a documentary film on pro gaming/band life/MMA/pro wrestling.. More specifically NY'ers in those fields chasing their dreams entitled "DreamChasers" set to drop in early 2012.

Here is the premiere teaser trailer: Documentary Teaser Trailer 1 - YouTube

Please check it out and I can only hope the amazing UO community will continue to support my projects. :)

Thanks again, guys. :gee:

24. Irvyn

Irvyn Guest

It's not completely to my taste - I'm more a Nightwish/Evanescence/Sonata Arctica sort of person - but it's growing on me :) In any case, a UO-inspired album is such an awesome thing to have I'd have downloaded it anyway *grins*

25. Zeomne

Zeomne Guest

download away! its free as killing noobs

26. Duduz

Duduz Adventurer

Its is good...

Listening here all album...

Good job.

:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

27. Zeomne

Zeomne Guest

thank you, sir! :D hope you're enjoying the musical adventure. im about to weather hurry-cane irene here in NY in the middle of making plans for our next epic release ! D: hope our studio doesn't get bloown awayyy haha

28. Zeomne

Zeomne Guest

DreamChasers Documentary Trailer - YouTube I just uploaded the latest trailer for my upcoming documentary film "DreamChasers". The film features musicians and pro gamers from New York City chasing their dreams! Check it out!

29. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

:party::party::party::party:
    This is awesome!!
    Thanks for sharing!
    I better start to get used to growling... cause the music is great! :thumbup1:

30. Zeomne

Zeomne Guest

Hey guys just wanted to give you an update on the album! We just reached 1,000 downloads of the album and I'd like to seriously thank everyone from Stratics who checked us out. We're just some UO-playing randoms from NY and 1,000 DLs might not seem like a lot to everyone but we're really happy about it.

The UO community and the Stratics boards are full of a lot of really smart and amazing open-minded people. I know everywhere on the internet negativity and trolls usually get a lot of attention because the squeaky wheel gets the grease. But this "milestone" :p for us reminds us that there are actually a lot of really cool people out there who are willing to give some randoms' screamy noise a chance and be really cool about the feedback.

A little bit off-topic but there you have it. Thanks a lot, guys.

I'm heading into Sosaria.
    -Zeomne
    (Arrangements/Vocals)

31. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

32. Thimotty

Thimotty Adventurer

33. Zeomne

Zeomne Guest

haha Those are awesome. :D and the vid is hype!! :D

34. tuuvaak

tuuvaak Guest

nice thread rez but since im late to the party.. my brother is a HUGE metal head and we actually have a fully stocked part time biz on ebay selling over 300+ import metal albums and dvds etc. at any given time. a lot of metal gets played in our household :D

so to the OP i say great job sir!!