1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UO is a Sunk Ship

Discussion in 'UO Developer Feed' started by UODevTracker, Oct 26, 2011.

1. UODevTracker

UODevTracker Guest

2. TheGrimmOmen

TheGrimmOmen UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thanks for what is obviously a heartfelt and well thought out post. I'd like to point out one small correction to something you said and that is that Draconi was never a producer for UO.

<returning to the shadows> Thanks again for the post.

Cheers,
    Grimm

3. TheGrimmOmen

TheGrimmOmen UO Legend

Not posting an opinion is not making one.

I have a different opinion, and it's not something I'm interested on posting to Stratics, but I will say this about UO: It's still here when a LOT of MMOs that came after it are gone. It stays that way because of the people who dedicate themselves to it, devs and players alike.

I'd hate to lose players like JC. But I don't have any plans on going anywhere.

-Grimm

4. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

I'd argue that any game which has past sale point revenue and upkeep costs is a ship with a hole in it. You just have to adjust the bail rate to keep it afloat. UO has managed to keep afloat for 14 years and is still chugging along. I've invested 14 years and probably more money than I've made this year working on UO, because I still think its worth playing, and worth improving, and I will continue to do it as long as they let me.
    After having played, WoW, Eve, WHO, LoTR, Guildwars, Rift, Lineage and a few other titles, UO is the only one thats still in present tense.

5. TheGrimmOmen

TheGrimmOmen UO Legend

Hahah! Gargoyle kilts... Ehhh I wonder where that came from? ;-)

-Grimm

6. TheGrimmOmen

TheGrimmOmen UO Legend

Hehehe. Na, I just check in from time to time!

-Grimm