1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UO is hacking us?... "<charname>: I'm in the hack!"

Discussion in 'UHall' started by ImaNoobieToo, Sep 27, 2009.

1. ImaNoobieToo

ImaNoobieToo Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

A few days ago I am in game and see "I'm in the hack!" above my chars head. I was distressed to say the least! I re-formatted my computer, changed passwords and downloaded a few applications like ICQ and firefox to get going again thinking that fixed the problem... fem moments ago I am at the tailor shop filling and turning in bods when I decide to use the "cut-up cloth" option and I see nothing other than that same text "I'm in the hack!" above my chars head... can do it repeatedly over and over and over.

Using classic client and nothing special running or even loaded on the computer at the moment... Its something to do with the client and using the "cut-up cloth" option is not the only way to get that text.

UO you need to fix this!

Everybody try the "cut-up cloth" option and see if this happens to you as well I can't believe its just me...

2. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ouch! me got it too

3. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

It appears some debugging code was accidentally left on :)

4. Dragonchilde

Dragonchilde Guest

I can confirm this, as wel. 2D, old client, used the cut-up cloth option, said "I'm in the hack!" over my head.

That's just... weird.

5. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

There was an explanation for it, from Chrissay... A misreferenced cliloc string, or something

6. slavoie

slavoie Guest

Next time you go chucking your OS install over something like this you might want to check into it first....

7. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Seconded... jeeze some people are paranoid -_-

8. Haha.. I noticed this too after the update, but I didn't freak out. It only slightly worried me the very first time I saw it, but after continuing to cut up cloth and seeing the same message I just figured it was just the UO development team having fun with us or something.

9. ImaNoobieToo

ImaNoobieToo Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

If it was so obvious the first time I would not have reacted like I did. Its just that today when I was cutting up cloth I noticed the same text and knew it wasn't a hack. Problem was the first time I hadn't done anything except login and then saw the text.