1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UO is really booring these days

Discussion in 'UHall' started by lucitus, Aug 31, 2012.

1. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Iam the only one with this opinion.

For me UO is really booring these days.

The priority is wrong, i love todo spwans but the loot of the champs are soo bad compared to the new System, why they are redoing a loot system but only for special areas?

I love todo boss monsters, but all peerless are totally useless cause of the same reason.

I hate the new dungeons, i see colored mobs with tons of hitpoints without new interactive abilities :pie:!

The void pool a cool idea but the monster are interacting like i dont know in a 15 years old game, this is no defense fun. The void pool itself looks ugly, there are no new animations, no cool effects or anything else.

Now there is a new champ at despice with a few items which maybe intresting, but i havent seen it yet, still another champ with tons of hitpoints and no really new abilities?

For me UO is going into the wrong direction, instead of moving forward they are moving backward. What do you think?

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

What would you consider to be moving forward though?

For me the new producer letter was great. Vendor search and high res graphics at the top of the list. These are the things I'm mostly looking forward to. Hopefully before the 20th anniversary.

#2 DJAd, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  3. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

How long have you been at this game? There simply comes a time for some vets where they have just ran the course of this game and are not left with anything more to do. Even the best game out there can't keep all their dedicated fans entertained 15 years down the line.

4. SunWolf

SunWolf Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

They stated they went through every aspect of the game, looked in every corner and have everything on a huge board or something. They can only do so much in each publish and with the 15th ann story arc. Be a year or two before problay they made a dent in thier loooong list. Just hang in there and if bored with just farming items, come up with something orginal n the game with what all you have for events and stuff. This game is so big and open and it is more about that than people just playing a world of warcraft.

5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The way Despise works with the creatures to train up, uncommandable and only controllable through the menu on the wisp orb is totally different to anything else in the game.
    The champ, undamagable by players, and has to be fought by your creature is unlike anything else in the game.

Reth likes this.
  6. Reth

Reth Journeyman

This. I wouldn't call it moving backwards if they've just recently added something we've never had before to the game. Slowly I think they'll move the new loot system to all areas of the game (it's already confirmed for the Champ Spawns) to make it viable no matter what you enjoy doing.

7. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Want a new challenge? Come see me.