1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

UO Lifetime Membership Option

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Sergul'zan_SP, Jul 28, 2010.

1. What do you think? Should UO have a lifetime membership option? Would you take advantage of it? How much do you think it should cost?

I'm in favor of it. I'd be willing to pay ~$250.00 for it as that is near 2 years of membership at the six month rate. I'd definitely use it as monthly subscriptions are a nuisance.
  2. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Oct 24, 2005
    Sadly although a nice idea I think you have said why it won't be implemented, A life time purchase equalling 2 years? I'm hoping UO is along for more than 2 years more, I don't think EA would want to loose money.

I think we're likely to see free to play before any sort of life time membership.
  3. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 20, 2006
    At one time you could do that, but it was for a very short time and they pulled it back. A friend has that on his account but sadly he quit! He paid when he was a marine not sure if it was special or not.
  4. Metalstorm

Metalstorm Seasoned Veteran

Dec 14, 2003
    I'd rather see a per every two year membership fee at a greatly (but fair to both parties) reduced rate. Something like $200-$220 every two years.

Like Mapper said, $200 for a lifetime membership would kill UO financially.
  5. Siteswap

Siteswap Visitor

May 17, 2009

EA: They would get 2 years money up front but after that they could (potentially) be running UO for years afterwards with zero income from it.

Player: They could pay say $250 up front and the game be shut down with 60 days notice.

No one is a winner here and its a crazy idea.
  6. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Feb 26, 2004
    Lately, each time I get a new 90 days playtime I have a slight fear I'm getting a UO lifetime subscription...
  7. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I would have to say NO, mostly because I don't trust them. internal layoffs, crap customer service, etc. With millions out of work, they can't find people that would work cheep? That sounds like bad upper management to me, who will kill uo eventually, then move on to somone else's game and screw it up as well.
  8. Babble

Babble Guest

Is a bit late for lifetime membership.
    Well they could promise to keep it open for at least 5 years and sell it anyway?
  9. Splup

Splup Guest

When they start selling UO lifetime subs, then you know they are planning on pulling the plug real soon :beer: