1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UO Music

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Theron, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Theron

Theron Sage

I am listening to a music called "Deathtrap Hallway" in the music folder of the EC.

Does anyone know if this music came with the EC or with, by any chance, Pinco's UI?

Thanks

2. Theron

Theron Sage

Is it just me or is this from Super Mario World???

3. Velvathos

Velvathos Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I don't know but I want the soundtrack that was playing in Britain when the Kingdom Reborn client was still around..

Tranquility likes this.
  4. Theron

Theron Sage

It would be great if we could select which music set to play....or select each music from each set.

Tranquility likes this.
  5. Tranquility

Tranquility Journeyman

I want that song playing in Britain!

6. Zuckuss

Zuckuss Order | Chaos
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni K^S

Pure Nostalgia:

7. Dodger

Dodger Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I would love to see songs available, have quest songs available from NPC bards in inns. If you have the appropriate music skill you could do a quest to replace the dull thump, thump, thump of the current drums with something more like RATM.

8. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It is and all the music and sound folder are from my UI :p

9. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable

Pinco please, please, please you have got to tell me what the song is that plays at the log on screen in your UI? I love it and catch myself humming it, trying to learn the words.
    Thank you in advance!

10. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

The song file is Theme.mp3, and it's "You win or you die" by Karliene Reynolds

11. Tranquility

Tranquility Journeyman

@Pinco how about the KR song playing in Britain in the KR video above(Post#3)? Do you have that song?

Anyone have their old KR music files still? :embarrassed:

12. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Babbling Loonie

All these tunes gotta be on the old UO disks, no?

13. Dodger

Dodger Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry I gotta say everytime I hear Radgar the red sung in a game that won't be mentioned it cracks me up.

I wish some uo bards could come up with some lyrics.

14. Flagg

Flagg Sage

State of UO's soundtrack is among my favorite this-never-stops-to-amaze-me bits about the game. UO has a very good measure of profilic, nostalgic and well loved tunes.
    ... That are hardly ever used. Even 40 kbs midi version of Stones would be more welcome thing to hear than majority of the current void-of-soul blaargh.
    Why Stones, for example, never appears in game at all is..incomprehensible to me. If it played on Login Screen, UO would have few thousand more players. I'm not even entirely kidding. You don't quit a game where log in screen sounds so beautiful. The song is like an invitation to classic, dignified adventure on worlds where sun is usually busy setting!

There are a lot of people who turn either sound or at the very least music off when playing video games. I've never really done that. To me, even an average soundtrack of a game adds to the experience and atmosphere. Modern day UO is among very few games where I actually have to turn music off. It is just too terribad. And plays too often. I believe this makes a serious problem that, on the other hand, would be very easy and cheap to fix.

Clearly it isn't even case of UO/EA losing the rights to classic Ultima soundtrack(s) in some weird way; Dawn's Music Box features many of the classic tunes that have been removed from game to make ample room for horrible songs everybody hates.

#14 Flagg, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  15. Theron

Theron Sage

Regarding to Music I wish we could have a revamped version of the older Midi songs Like "Stones" and "Creation".

Another nice feature would be to toggle on/off the War mode music only and not all music on/off.

Heck while we're at it why not be able to select which music from which expansion we want to play for each town, etc.

Capt. Lucky likes this.
  16. Flagg

Flagg Sage

^ Technically all this is possible by switching songs manually. It is quite tedious but entirely doable. I've done it few times and it has lead to odd crashers; I'm sure the classic UO songs I tried using had wrong ratio or whatnot.

17. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

no music files has ever been released with the client, you have to search on the CC...
    I think uoguide or stratics has a page where you can download them, try to do some search around :p