1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

UO needs a way to turn hotkeyed macros on and off at will.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Kiljaedon, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Kiljaedon

Kiljaedon Guest

Most pvp mages and dexers use in essence of 20+ macros just to play the game. It gets annoying hitting your hotkeys to spam spells when you just want to chat. I think it would be a neat idea if we could somehow disable triggering macros when not pvping or doing pvm and just talking.

It gets annoying at times when you just want to chat but instead invoke your I am going to kill you powers to a nice girl you want to take on a virtual uo date !!! I have to have alot of my spells tied to the alphabet letters of my keyboard and makes talking in the game hell on earth sometimes.

Maybe create a new macro you can use that turns off all macros from functioning if you even hit a hotkey til you turn the in game switch back on.
  2. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    Enhanced Client "Press Enter to talk"

You're welcome.
  3. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Enhanced Client - Non-Legacy Chat Option should do it. :)
  4. HuserMama

HuserMama Guest

I use my letter keys also for my macros. I use 2d client and when I want to chat with someone I put my spellbooks, chiv, sw book, or whatever in a bag and that does the trick. It would be great though to have one button to turn it on and off.