1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UO Pranks

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Tazar, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Since April Fool's Day is coming up, I thought I'd ask what your favorite in-game UO prank is.

No Severe Grief Tactics please - just good clean fun.

Watching a young player in haven try to tame a "Phillips Wooden Steed" is one that I saw pulled a while back. The perpetrator only let him try a few times, then took the young player to the bank and helped equip him.

2. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Remember when you could sell summoned creatures rolleyes:. Now that was a April fools joke :lol:

3. Lady_Rachel

Lady_Rachel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I remember when I couldn't get my brand new Hearth of the Home Fire to animate the fire...
    I paged a GM and he showed up as a red hued/red named Lizardman and chased me about my house going...buwhahaha...
    Then he yelled April Fool's!!!
    When that red name popped up on my trammel screen my heart was racing!
    :lol:

You know...thinking about it..I don't think his name was in red...but it scared me any way having that red lizard after me...lol

4. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

When I was a noobie couple of vet players took me to destard fel and told me if I could run past all the dragons there were power scrolls in the back of the dungeon that you could just pick up.

Well....I was on dial-up back then and LMAO I lagged and the dragons out numbered me oh 20 to 1. Yes, I was crunchy and I guess the Dragons enjoyed me with cornbread and catsup! I felt pretty silly after I figured it out I'd been had.

Then there was that rune marked "Fun Place" that took me to the Balron's ballroom in Hythloth tram...Doh!

I was such a gullible noobie! LOL

5. It was her birthday so I gave her a small red box. She was so happy wondering what I had given her and not wanting to wait anymore she opened it ...BOOM she was dead:)

6. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Filling every available tile in someone's house with full water barrels is always entertaining. The trick is to do at least 3 layers of them. They'll empty one from the first layer, see that one is beneath it, curse, decide to empty that one, then give up when they find a third one beneath that.

7. Altering guild titles can be fun if you are the guild leader! :)

8. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I like to tell guildies that just log in that we're doing Oak's on Island. Usually they're not paying attention and just hear we're doing a spawn on island. Everyone in the ventrilo channel plays along and eventually they get there and no one's ever there. They've been catching on the past few months though :(.

9. Yalp

Yalp Guest

Filling someone's house with tamed/herded cats

10. Capt.E

Capt.E Guest

When ev's come out as llama's in fel and telling noobie dexxers you can ride them.

11. RedRum

RedRum Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Last years UO April 1st Gift Boxes. Thought I had something special until I opened it and there was an IOU inside...still waiting to find out what I am owed.

12. Tom_Builder

Tom_Builder Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

One of the best pranks I remember was setting a summoned deamon to follow a young player and telling them to run. We chased after one guy from minoc bank half way to britain before we could get him to stop. He was pissed, but we are still friends today(10 years later).

Tom

13. Evlar

Evlar Guest

Always popular. My own preference is polar bears though ;)

14. Maximus Neximus

Maximus Neximus Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran 4H

I've locked down a single bandage on EVERY single floor tile on every floor. Not only does it take forever to cleanup, but they usually have to because of the lockdown space it takes :)

15. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Am I the only one who fills houses with greater dragons renamed as 'a mongbat'? :D

16. Fink

Fink Guest

I call those Gorillagrams. Gorillas can open doors though so you have to be clever about it. I've also used bullfrogs, polar bears, and giant scorpions.

17. Venus_AUPK

Venus_AUPK Guest

At IDOCS when they finally fall, drop gm tinker explosion crates into the chests people are looting lol :)

have you ever tryed to get a res at an idoc?

18. quig

quig Guest

I was doing a little early "spring cleaning", hmmm what to do with 121 black cats...

[​IMG]

Give them to a friend! They fit nicely under carpets and stuff to!
    (even ran out of space to put them all so 10 had to go in the mailbox :p)

19. roninaxx

roninaxx Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

taming every animal in twos and releasing them inside a friends house and watching themuse the teleporters until there was no empty space to walk in his fel house

20. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Had to be Poppa or Kron :lol: because he has told me that story many times

21. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

If only you could guarantee their speakers were turned up full blast for when they first log in. :lol:

My favorite is heard a bunch of animals into a house. One time I did it to a friend, filled her house with sheep. She got the last laugh though. She sheared them all and sold the wool for a mint back when NPC prices went up and down based on sales.

22. Cal_Mythic

Cal_Mythic Guest

Hey all *waves emphatically* ... Been away for a bit visiting our team in Japan ... (Yes they do have the internet there, I was just recovering from lag most of the time).

Yes we do have something on the calendar for this April Fool's and it's not gift boxes ... but what I can tell you is that I had to get permission to do it .. because if I asked forgiveness after ... it would have been bad :)

Hope all is well in Britannia!

23. Yalp

Yalp Guest

Uh-oh.. and we've been eagerly providing the ammunition for a system wide April Fools prank with our thread here!

24. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

"permission?" ... sounds tasty :popcorn:

25. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

The best things about the black cats are:

1. They Don't decay
    2. there's so many of them left from halloween, you could do every square in the house.

gives a whole new meaning to "Herding cats" - it might take them a month to find all the hidden cats.

26. Derium of ls

Derium of ls Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

bwahahaha, now I SO want to IDOC hunt again