1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

uo problems

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Rodge, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Rodge

Rodge Visitor

Hi, I just returned to the game and am having problems. I bought an advanced character token and used it then tried to go to tel mur and was given a message saying I cannot travel there. I was told it was because I was running ML and needed to buy SA so I did then when I relogged in my original character didn't show up in the menu. So I uninstalled and reinstalled ML and it still does not show. I paged an advisor and waited for five hours but nobody came. Can anyone please help?

2. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Okay did you buy SA full version or the upgrade? Did you apply the code on the account Managment page?
    You have to apply it there as well as in game. Did you make sure you log into the same shard you have been playing on? I know that's a dumb question, but it has happened. Let me know, we're happy to help.

3. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

There are two options for purchasing the SA expansion:

1. New account + 30 days game time
    2. Existing account upgrade with no game time.

If you create a new account and make a character BEFORE you purchase SA, you must purchase option 2. Sounds like you prolly purchased option 1.

If that is the case, it might be possible to get EA support to help you, but it may end up less painful to just by another character token for the SA account.

4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

An advance Character token has NOTHING to do with whether you are running ML or SA. It has to do with getting better skils. It's a token that gives you a choice of upgrading the skills on a "new" character. If you want to go to Ter Mur you need to purchase a Styngian Abyss Upgrade. Purchase the one without the 30 day gametime the one to upgrade an existing account.

As for your character disappearing that you will need to page a GM for. I have no idea what would cause that.

5. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

You might wanna try re-reading the op.

6. Jirel of Joiry

Okay MalagAste take big deeeeeep breath and then try re-reading the OP. Yes he bought a advance char token. Then he tried to take his toon to Ter Mur and couldn't get there. He was told he needed SA, so he went and bought that too. Then his toon vanished. Just chill. Think white sandy beaches, Margarita in you hand, and Jimmy Buffet on the radio! Ahhh, see how relaxing that is!!!!

#6 Jirel of Joiry, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  7. a slave girl

Stratics Veteran

UO.com needs a new or returning player flow chart to show which codes need to be purchased for the task the player is looking to accomplish.

In this case:

1. Your Unpaid UO Trial Account with existing character(s) >>>

2. Buy and add UO 1 month or more game time code or subscription >>>

3. Your UO Trial account with existing character now becomes your UO Paid Account with existing character >>>

4. Purchase and apply a Stygian Abyss Upgrade code https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/.../ultima-online-stygian-abyss-account-upgrade- to Your Paid UO account with existing character over at the Mythic/Broadsword account management page >>> https://accounts.eamythic.com/ >>>

5. Your Paid UO Account with existing character now has access to Ter Mur.

The alternative is:

1. Purchase Stygian Abyss (New Account + 30 Days of Gametime) https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/...ygian-abyss-expansion-pack--30-days-game-time

2. You MUST start as a new account with ZERO existing characters.

Long story short there's no free ride you gotta pay one way or the other.

:)

PS: Welcome Back!

Lord Frodo likes this.
  8. Rodge

Rodge Visitor

Free ride? I paid twice and lost my character with the advanced token, pet bond and forged metal. Emailed support and am still waiting for a response.

9. Jirel of Joiry

You know the "Free ride" remark was completely unnecessary. He did pay. Unfortunately players get chased away because people on Stratics tend not to choose their words wisely. Also most stratics users don't stop to realize the message recipient cannot see your face/hear your voice to know what emotion you are conveying. Due to the nature of text based electronic communication often the wrong wording can be unintentionally perceived as rude or hateful even though that was not the sender's intent.

My professor has a great rule of thumb for texts, emails, and all electronic communication: 1) could it be misunderstood? 2) could it tick the the recipient off? 3) would it get your teeth knocked down your throat in a face to face conversation? If the answer to any of these is YES then do not send it!

Vor likes this.