1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UO Rudder....what happened?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by the 4th man, Sep 5, 2014.

1. the 4th man

the 4th man Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hi guys............I got a new computer and hadn't done any sailing in awhile. I found a UO Rudder download, extracted files.....I cannot get this puppy to work. I'm not alone on this, and didn't come across any solutions.....or, anyone know how to create a new hotbar on the enhanced client....I forgot....I can use the steering commands there I guess........

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

With the EC you do not need UOrudder just make hot bars a stack of five and then drop the icons in them for the functions and then shorten the bar leaving blank off, and when not using it minimize the bars

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

to make a new hotbar, right click on an existing one and choose 'new hotbar' from the menu

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thanks petra missed the part on how to create one doh!

5. the 4th man

the 4th man Lore Master

Cool, thanks guys, yeah, I forgot how to make one too.......

6. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Sailing.gif This is my group of sailing HOTBARS, I hardly ever click on the wheel and use that I use this almost exclusively while sailing around :)

7. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master

However, how do you do Slow? I can make slow forward, slow backward slow right and slow left by adding buttons but what about the slow right back, slow right forward, slow left back and slow left forward? It gets pretty cumbersome if you try to fit 8 more tiles in there. These are greatly needed when you are maneuvering a ship around a pirate ship and just plain handy in normal sailing while fishing. Same for move one tile, where UORudder has three separate commands to choose and then pick the action, Perhaps Pinco could look into this to make it easier for us.

#7 Parnoc, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  8. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I drive my own boat by clicking on the tillerman, and taking control of the boat. Click on the water in front of the boat boat moves forward. works just like riding a ridable. So you wont be able to ride anything while controlling the boat.

9. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I've set mine up on the num pad... learned 10 key back in college so it came easy that way.. driving my boats is as quick as thought now..