1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UO Stygian Abyss on Slashdot!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Draconi, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Draconi

Draconi Most explosive UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

2. Chrissay_

Chrissay_ Guest

isn't it past your bedtime :p

3. deadite

deadite Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend It's My Birthday

Nice interview!

I have been an Ultima fan since childhood, and think that there is a lot of life left in the IP if it is handled with the respect it deserves. I'd also love to see Wing Commander and Crusader resurrected!

4. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

5. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

*mods Draconi up*

6. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

David Radd is not an unknown name. He writes for BusinessWeek.com. (Not sure if he writes for the printed Business Week or just the online edition.) He didn't say "according to Mythic" or "the game appears to have roughly...." Whomever his source is, it's someone a professional feels he can trust.

-Galen's player

7. Zodia

Zodia Guest

Yeah, well saying "roughly" 100,000 isn't that controversial. I think we all knew it was about that. But is it closer to 80,000 or 120,000? Is it rising?

If you read the interview at the link, they are asked about the subscriber # and say they'd lose their jobs if they discussed it -- and won't even say if it's true that half the subs are from Japan.

What I don't understand is WHY is it such a close secret. Magazines publish their subscription numbers, TV shows publish their viewer numbers, etc, etc.

Why is that they can't tell us how many subscribers there are?

8. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Gargoyles don't need sleep...... they fly ! ;)

9. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Last rumor I heard Chrissay, you had Draconi shackled to his cubicle... did you have a rollaway brought in?! :D

Cool to see UO & WAR up on Slashdot. Good interview over on IndustryGamers. :)

10. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Actually, on these boards, it has been. You have all kinds of people saying their numbers are really more like 60,000 or lower. Made-up numbers are thrown around all the time, with seeming-authority. I've even been called "desperate" for tossing out the 100,000 figure.

-Galen's player