1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UO Target self macro bugged?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Superstition, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Superstition

Superstition Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Anyone else set this macro only to have it drop off the macro list once you log out??

2. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I've had that jacked up lately, as well as my damn alacrity scrolls. Used my track one, and if you log in and track and get the gump right away, no gain. Gotta wait 8-10s after log in.

3. BBaggins

BBaggins Guest

I'm having the same problem. I have no idea what to do.

4. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Oldie...but goodie :)

5. UncleSham

UncleSham Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

may be related , recently i had boat command macros stop working . i checked . they were there . just didnt go off . then the next day they worked again .
    *shrugs*
    im having other issues with string commands (3 or 4 skill / pet commands in a row based on last target ) these macros used to work now they stumble and interfere with themselves , sometimes working ... usually not .

edit = these are all in game macros, clasic client .

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

question: do you have the line 'wait for target' in the macro?

7. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

one of my macros was messing up.
    left one
    wait 5 seconds
    left one

it keep messing up when i tried to redo it too. i eventually got it to work right when i deleted it completely and redid it.

Lorddog

8. UncleSham

UncleSham Certifiable

petra . question for who ?

i dont use "wait for target" .
    i tried that and more often than not it would hang up right there . looks like the game knows to wait and if you tell it to again it just stops.

some times a well placed "delay" helps

and yea dog . any time i tried to edit a macro it tended to jumble the order of the lines . only deleting it and re writing it works consistently.

9. Petra Fyde

k, any target based macro in the client used to need 'wait for target' in it or it would screw up. I haven't made one lately.

The only trouble I've had with macros disappearing on log out though was caused by either not logging out through the paper doll - usually a crash! or trying to tie them to the number keys before I learned how to do that outside of the US. The keynames.txt file has to be edited for non-US keyboards.

10. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

That's true for any macro where the target is delayed at all, anything instant (like anatomy or eval) no delay is needed.

As for macros screwing up, I've noticed this since I came back to uo early last year, it seems when you edit a macro instead of deleting and re-creating it it can bug out. I've also noticed if i change line 3 of a macro, close it, and re-open it sometimes it will be in reverse order (the newly changed line first, then the parts that were supposed to be at the beginning)

11. Petra Fyde

ahh. Client macros have always screwed up if you try to edit after you've made them. It seems to work like a forum post. Newest at the top.

12. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Try assigning the macro to a different key. If bound to certain keys, it will drop when you log out.

Arrow keys, Home, End, Page Up and Down, Insert and Delete are all a bad Idea for UO macros, though they are fine for UOA macros.

There are others I'm sure, so try them out. They might work fine when you make them, so if you must have that key assignment, you'll just have to make the macro each time you log in!