1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UO Translator

Discussion in 'UHall' started by TheGrimReefer, Jan 6, 2012.

1. TheGrimReefer

Stratics Veteran

Hi all, I was wondering if someone can tell me how to set this up. I have UOAssist and have downloaded the Translator but the languages are still coming up in normal txt.

What I'm trying to do is make it so I can understand what is being said on Asian shards.

Now before everyone says its Illegal, it is not. It is one of the few programs EA allows us to use.

Any information on this would be helpful and I thank you for your time.

2. TheGrimReefer

Stratics Veteran

My Appologies the program is called UO Journal Converter.

3. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Its my understanding that the Journal Converter just saves your journal as text/HTML files so its easier to go back and read through..no mention of translation ability on the Stratics page.

4. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Years ago I think UO had a language translator built into it. Then they removed it. There are some game translation programs out there that dont interfere with a game but change the language packs. Personally I dont think they will work with UO and most likely needs approved.

I did some research while typing this and here is the link when UO had it.

ORIGIN - Ultima Online - Main

Copied it also for the paranoid click impaired