1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UO Wedding...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Zyon Rockler, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Zyon Rockler

Zyon Rockler Guest

I can no longer use UO Wedding with the Enhanced Client. This was a great program that allowed you to create texts and then have your character use the texts.

I never liked the name because I never used it for weddings but I scripted alot of things and my scripts were becoming more and more advanced and real. I used it to create rituals and ceremonies and to do meetings. I was going to try and bring it into the character more.

This would be a great program in creating movies. It's a necessity to be able to keep text files separate from the desktops, so that any character can use them.

It would be neat if some how, the texts from different computers could be connected, similar to the way an ICQ works but the text would be centralized and placed on the UO screen from scripted sources.

So, that the actors could each produce their own scripts and then connect them together in a timed fashion.

I thought that the program would eventually become the future of UO and lead the gaming industry with in game communication.

Have you ever wondered why you couldn't just talk in the game? We have to write out texts, so, it would make sense then that the reason is so that you can control what people are saying.

If you would allow the program to grow into its' next step, it could actually use real voice and you could do different actions with the voice.

For example: You would open the program, it would have your text options, places to store different scripts, perhaps a friend's list or connected scripts. You could choose a voice that would have a personality that would fit you, perhaps a synthesizer would allow for custom voices. Maybe you could add speech impairments or use incorrect English or you could add accents like, French or Italian, maybe German.

Then you would have a list of words or other actions, such as yelling, laughter, crying, clapping, passing gas, burping, sleeping.

This way you could control exactly what is put into the game and still allow people to use voice as well as scripted text for people who role play or act in movie creation.

2. legendsguy

legendsguy Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Awww... I love weddings! I once built a really pretty little chapel for a friend to get married in. Unfortunately, the girl he proposed to declined his offer. Oh well.

3. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I used to do weddings at my Theatre in Yew.

I'd like if it auto translated human to drow and back again.