1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UO wont take my money Part III

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lord Gareth, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

UO wont take my money Part III

So I am trying to reactivate one of my million UO accounts and again it wont let me. I log into my account info, click reactivate, chose Credit Card as payment method and NOTHING! Page wont load.... so now I am in the processs of signing up for a World of Warcraft account.

2. Babble

Babble Guest

pfff, give it to me!

And maybe just a bad day to try to reactivate UO when EA plays with the servers

Though I have to say wow was fun for a month, go check it out

3. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

It's unbelievable that this has been a problem for as long as it has for as many people as it has.

4. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I don't know, usually I try multiple browsers if something happens with a page loading. Otherwise I've never had any problem related that I can't resolve by switching browsers.

Although choosing to play WoW just because you have a problem with activating an account with another MMO? Certainly hope you've wanted to go over to WoW and aren't just doing it out of protest. Otherwise you might realize you've wasted your time with WoW.

5. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

Always out of protest :p Its called if your not going to have properly working websites etc then I am going to go to another game that does....and its only a small protest I have 10+ other accounts running.

6. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Well then you might come back here realizing you've wasted your time on a game you wont like.

7. Babble

Babble Guest

DCUniverse Online started today if you want another game to test :p
    And Rift beta should be open

8. canary

canary Guest

There is a paranoid part of me that swears that EA really, really, REALLY has their heart set on UO failing.

My god, the newest things in the uogamecodes site were just sitting around for DAYS to be purchased before they were officially announced. The site often does not work. The High Seas booster was a nightmare for many to buy. There are numerous complaints about the art but nothing is ever done. Bugs and tweaks needed in game are let languish for literal years. I mean... its baffling.

9. Babble

Babble Guest

Someone to fix the site costs money and will ea not outsource the pay shop anyway?
    I remember reading something like that last year, that some other company will take over?

10. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

And this is why we continue to get the service we get. Nothing gets fixed, nothing has to be made to work properly...because somewhere, someone will find a "workaround".
    Switch browsers, run thru em all till ya find one that will happen to hit the site at the right moonphase, and then you can spend your money with us.
    My big ole butt!
    They should make this stuff work, and work like a professional organization should! The paying customer shouldn't ahve to jump thru hoops to BE a paying customer.

11. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

A workaround that takes, what, one minute? Big deal. And that's assuming you HAVE to do it, which I personally haven't had to do it in about 5 years. The times I canceled and re-activated my account in the past couple years and buying codes, etc, I haven't had a single problem with them at all.

If it can be fixed by using a 2nd browser then there shouldn't be any problem. Granted there some people who can't get it to work with a couple browsers and that's where the REAL issue is.

Will they ever fix it for people who do have issues? Probably not. So why not try something else instead of arguing with people who can give tips on how to try and get it to work?

12. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Remember back in the day when you had to try a few times to even get online?
    Feeling a bit spoiled by today's "instant gratification" technology?
    Can't handle when something doesn't work perfectly the first time?
    Then UO is not for you.

13. Quenchant

Quenchant Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend 4H

UOgame codes still hasn't updated all the advanced char token offerings that came out in publish 66. Was that back in August?

Still surprises me at how hard they make it to get our money. I understand you might need to try different browsers for the page loading issues for managing an account, but it's really annoying. How many other places that your spend your money at online have these issues? Adding to that they have known about these issues for a long time and don't correct it.

Q

14. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe you can try uogamecoes site and pruchase a gametime card, the prices are the same.