1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

uo word filter

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Guest, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

today a friend of mine tried to label his vendor as "stitcher's 1.5m" and it would not permit him to b/c of a slang word refering to a female body contained within it.

I know this isn't top priority, but maybe sometime in the future someone can look into this so that common legal words, or the names of items can be used for things like vendors?

2. Named on vendors and container engravings should loosen up a little IMO. Everyone has a profanity filter at their disposal, and are free to use it. Thing is, it WILL let me use "fanny" which in England is a vulgar slang term akin to an American word that starts with a C and rhymes with "bunt."

3. [​IMG]Mittens 1.5m
    could work ...

[​IMG] not too manly sounding ... but ... it IS "half the name"

4. Aye, and that's exactly what I ended up using, but the gloves are more readily recognized as "Stitcher's" than they are "Mittens."

5. On Lake Austin we recently had the 2008 GOF Quint Classic. We couldn't engrave the prize chest with the event name without the filter making it look very silly because of the "classic". [​IMG]

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Has been an ongoing problem. I don't think anything will be done, I have pms with jeremy about this because I bought name change tokens to name one of my characters Chastity based on the chaos comic book character. And I was told nothing could be done, not even gms could change the name for me. Even though in Luna there is an npc vendor with that very name. I was told to use a lower case L in the name in place of the I to get it to work. Needless to say I still wait and hope one day certain names and words will survive the censorship, but doubt that day will ever be a priority.