1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UOA: Error 0 Opening Classic Key

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by Gilmour, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hey

I started to get an error from assist, says title "Registry Error" and as text "Error 0 Opening Classic Key" with an OK botton. pops up about 3-4 times while uo loads with assist.

tried reinstalling assist to no luck.. as far as i know both assist and classic is properly installed.

Any solution?

Greetings
    Gilmour

Attached Files:

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

have you tried changing the startup method option for UOAssist? There's three choices in the UOAssist options, and some work better than others for some people.

3. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable

tried another mode and other settings in uoa, nothing works..

i also tried reinstalled classic client, same result.

would appear uoassist dont like my newly aquired registry fixer and compresser :(

4. I am getting the same error and I have not used any registry fixer/compressor. If you figure out anything to fix this please let me know. People at UOAssist can't seem to help me. Do you run WindowsXP too?

5. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable

i use win7, so not os related..

you got norton?

6. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable

still an issue, i am suspecting this app i got to, among other things optimize and compress the registry might be the sinner.

its called Iolo system mechanic.

7. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Any program that claims to 'optimize' or 'compress' the registry is bad in my book. MS have been working with registry based OS's for years. I do not think any third party software could hope to do any better with it. I only use one piece of software to manipulate the windows registry, and all it does is seek out and delete dead keys, such as leftovers from uninstalled software. Do you have a backup of your registry before you installed this thing? If so, I would suggest uninstalling it and restoring from that backup.

8. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable

reinstalled windows on my new SSD, same programs runnings, including the registry fixer previously mentioned, but the problem is gone.

so i dunno what was going on. but anyways, solved. :)

9. Gem

Gem Lore Keeper
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Same problem here :(