1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UOAM Server

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Shadefox, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Shadefox

Shadefox Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hi, could anyone help me run a UOAM srver from vista?
    Just got it working again, after a week or so with tinkering the install process.

Havent used it on vista before, but when I try to start a server now, its chooses my local IP (something along the lines as 10.0.0.1) instead of my ISP IP.

How cn I force it to be connectable by others outside my LAN?
    Please?

2. HillBilly

HillBilly Guest

http://www.uoam.net/uoamh5.html

3. Shadefox

Shadefox Certifiable

Thats my problem (I'm no tech)
    After I started using vista, its only my local IP that shows when you run ipconfic.

My assigned dynamic IP dont show up.
    I guess this could have to do with my router aswell, but so far the only thing I had a problem with is uoam.

I can host games in other games and run some servers fine, ignoring the local ip and using my dyndns.com IP name instead.

But when I tell people to try that IP instead of the one auto chosen in uoam (the LAN IP)
    or go t whatsmyip and give them my IP, It says no server online, check IP.

ANy thoughts on this?

4. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

UOAM will be tied to your local ip address. You need to get into your router and forward the UOAM port to that address. If you need help with port forwarding give me the make and model number of you router and I can assist. Also, dont forget when starting UOAM in Vista to right click the shortcut and "Run as Administrator"

5. Shadefox

Shadefox Certifiable