1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UOAM woes

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Falon of Eldor, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Falon of Eldor

Stratics Veteran

[​IMG]

i completed the set-up...but get this message every time i try running it.

help please...

2. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

You need to follow the directions below the download on the UOAM website, grab the zip and extract it to the UOAM folder (it no longer properly auto-updates). Also launch with -q to skip the update check after first launch, it'll start up faster.

Personally I gave up on the thing though, All the bugs and the crashes and about all i ever used it for was when sailing or trying to find out where I am in malas (since the entire place looks the same...). I just keep a copy of this printed on the side of my computer.

http://uo.stratics.com/content/atlas/maps/UltUoMas.jpg

3. Falon of Eldor

Stratics Veteran

Thank you. I'll try it when I get home.

4. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

5. Falon of Eldor

Stratics Veteran

I did try cartographer for about 20 mins...then i started having trouble with uoassist saying something about not finding my character...idk...i blamed it on cartographer program so deleted the program.

*resistant to change and computer illiterate...already can feel headache brewing with instructions above*

uoam works fine at work (when i can play on lunchtime...sometimes)

6. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Cartographer seems to remember the last facet you were on when you last logged out AND closed Cartographer. I have no answer to why it does that, but gating to another facet and back, fixes that problem for me. If you're on a character that cannot gate, hop facets through the public moongate system.

7. Thanks ill try that.

8. Rothen

Rothen Guest

Not sure if this will help but- I have to run UOCart as administrator. That is you right click once on the shortcut and then select run as admin. This is because my laptop runs Vista if I rememer right. Also after it is up and running right click the map once again and then choose 'connect'.

9. Falon of Eldor

Stratics Veteran

Since it is not going through set-up all the way...I don't see anywhere it is making a uoam folder for me to put zip files in.

*looks at UOAM at work and *cries* bc cant get it to work at home*

Help!!!