1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UOAM

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Guest, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I recently have tried to download UOAM. It tries to go to snugsoft web site but never seems to hook up? I tells me at the end I downloaded 1 of 6 files and then tells me that UOAM will not run because down load has not been completed. Tried to email the guy who runs the sight but have gotten no response. Any one have any ideas?

2. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Belxan is no longer supporting UOAM. It hasn't been updated in a long time either.

He's decided not to allow anyone else to continue supporting it either so I imagine someday UOAM will be so far out of date that it isn't useable anymore.

If you can't download it you might try seeing if someone can send you the setup file.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

thx for the news

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Try again later. While UOAM has not been updated for ~4 years it still works fine.

5. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yes what JC stated is correct. My UOAM works fine also. I just checked the uoam.net site and it says the file is still available for download.

Give it another try.

uoam.net

6. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I downloaded UOAM last week and it worked fine.

7. Azural Kane

Azural Kane Guest

He's not talking about the setup file itself he's talking about the tugsoft connecton to download the full content / map bmps :/

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Tugsoft has nothing at all to do with Auto-Map, other than providing a link to it on his Other Tools page.

9. Azural Kane

Azural Kane Guest

thats what i thought too except it says "trying to connect to tugsoft" to download some file, presumably the map .bmps?

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I believe the actual map files come from UO. The only reason I can think of why UOAM would connect to Tugsoft might be if you're trying to use features of UOAM that require UOAssist. There are some pieces of UOAM that are meant to work with UOA (such as house logging). As I recall, you can download and run an unregistered copy of UOA to make those work.

Got a screenshot of the message you get from UOAM?