1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UOAssist Tugsoft Down?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Obsidian, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Hello. I was out of town for a week and tried to get into UO using UO Assist. I'm getting the new data encryption notification, but no matter what I try, I cannot connect to the update ace server. In fact, www.tugsoft.com doesn't seem to work for me at all even in a web browser. Does anyone know if there is an outage or a work around? Right now I can get into UO, but my UO Assist is disabled including my normal keystroke macros for spell combos, etc. Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-

2. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I don't use uoassist, but the tugsoft's DNS entry appears to be missing.

3. Teeshy

Teeshy Guest

I can't get Assist to connect tot he update ace server either, but tugsoft.com works for me (I'm on error 6, it started playing up on me last night) and assist still works for me in game too =) So no idea, but you're not the only one having a problem =)

4. Obsidian

Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

That's what I see too. Thanks for confirming it isn't my ISP.

Anyone know what is up with Tugsoft.com?

-OBSIDIAN-

5. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

UOAssist has been dead a long time and it's always been unfair that we have to pay to use it.

We all knew UOAssist would eventually pose a problem to us, the players, and thus to the developers.

They should let us use the other (unmentionable) option that is out there.

#1 it is freeware
    #2 it is updated

I'm sure the developers of that product would work with the UO Devs to make a UO Pro version for the regular shards that can be used legally and out in the open.

Seems silly that real UO players have to pay $15 for a dated product while free shards get to use a very similar yet much better program that is freeware.

6. _zigzag_

_zigzag_ Sage
    Stratics Veteran

It's back

7. Obsidian

Thanks! I see it working now too. Your help is appreciated.

-OBSIDIAN-

8. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

Doesn't change the fact it is a garbage product.

9. AesSedai

AesSedai Guest

- Maybe 'they' should have to pay us $0.0001 per day for poor service.
    Naw, let's just use an illegal application instead.
    /sarcasm
    :(

(disclaimer: I follow UO rules because I know: Cheating is bad.)

10. Inspector

Inspector Guest

I doubt it since that unmentionable program is made specifically for and by the makers of a free shard... It just has the option to connect to EA's UO. I think they have enough to worry about without helping EA or anybody else out.

11. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

well UOAssist is crap and something needs to be done. do you dispute that?

12. deadite

deadite Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend It's My Birthday

Like many who use UOAssist, I paid for that thing *years* ago and it has served it's purpose well. Well worth the money in my opinion. Hardly "crap."

For new players coming in... they can either purchase a copy or wait to see if Stygian Abyss does a better job implementing some of the features than KR did.

Sure, it would be nice if it were free, but wouldn't everything else in life?

13. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

YEP I do... I paid the $15 dollars for it years & years ago and I'm quite happy with it. It functions well and I don't know a single PvPer that hasn't used it in the past or doesn't currently use it.....

14. I dispute it as do others.

I paid less for a 1-time sub than I do for 2 months of UO.
    Even when the updater malfunctioned, it was usable.
    I had no issues reviving my reggie to it after a years absence - done in minutes with no hassles.
    It has features KR does not have.
    It is more dependable than the 2D client macros.
    It interfaces with UOAM for those who wish it to.

15. Divster

Divster Guest

Srry but I would also dispute that. I payed for uo assist many years ago and have never had any problems with it, and have always enjoyed using it so I would say it is far indeed from garbage. I think its great.

16. Strawberry

Strawberry Guest

"Me too" on having paid for UOAssist many years ago and being very happy with it.

17. Quinn1969

Quinn1969 Guest

After being on this game for just over a year I got UOAssist a month or so ago and it's an invaluable tool. Well worth the 15 bucks. Hell....talk about cheap entertainment!

18. Gwendar-SP

Gwendar-SP Guest

UOA is approved software. The reason others can do more is because EA won't approve of those actions.

19. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I've been using it for almost four years on all my accounts and have never regretted spending the $12-$15 for each subscription. It has exceeded my expectations, which is more than I can say about UO a lot of the time.

20. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Every single one of my 8 accounts has it uses it and I wouldn't dream of playing without it..... Garbage program to you invaluable tool to me...... I use it to keep track of my weight on most all my characters, i use it to keep tabs on my health, i use it to keep track of my reagents, potions, bandaides, tithing points, and many other things and UNLIKE KR it doesn't really take up any desktop space because it puts it clear up at the top in the bar way up there out of the way so I can save my desktop for the game...... my macro's and icons.

I use it to disarm, rearm, change weapons and bandage ..... drink potions so so many uses.....

21. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I can't believe people still read drunk on beers posts. I put him on ignore months ago.

22. _zigzag_

_zigzag_ Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Everyone has the right to an opinion, remember :)

I'm sure we're all on *someone's* ignore list - 'cept me :D

23. Magdalene

Magdalene Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

What the man said.

24. Aboo

Aboo Guest

Then don't use it. Solves that problem for YOU.

25. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

No one is twisting your arm, I have used it for 7 years, it works for what I need it to. When it stops I will find new ways. I got my moneys worth out of UOAssist.

26. Call it societal obligations to read various ramblings and mutterings. Heck, I even read Prince Caspians stuff!. <shrug>

27. :loser: no one reads his stuff :p KIDDING!!!

It seems to be working fine now :O yea! *and there was much rejoicing*