1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UOGamecodes - here we go yet again....

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Aurelius, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Gametime ran out yesterday, internet access here was down so could not get on to buy the next 180 days gametime, but thought 'not a problem, I'll sort it out tomorrow'. Try buy the gametime, and the stupid old problems are back, yet again....

Choose the 180 days, get asked for my UO account name and password, and when I give it the info in Firefox and IE, it just sends me into the endless loop to complete login/password details, rejects the details with no error message and presents me with the same 'username/login' boxes, whilst in Chrome it sometimes behaves in exactly the same way, but then occasionally refuses to accept my username and password because "Subscription entitlement suspended (coupon queue empty)". Deleting internet cache makes no difference, no saved passwords, tried on another PC as well - same problems recur every time. What lunatic system stops you buying more gametime because you don't curently have any gametime???

Looks to be that, yet again, Gamecodes.com is not talking properly to the account management servers.... the account name and password are right, they work just fine on the account management pages and to log in to the game - but gamecodes.com just won't accept them, so I can't play and can't pay EA any money!

Why is this allowed to keep on happening? It's an old, recurring issue that just never gets resolved, only temporarily 'worked around' for a bit until it falls over yet again. Please, EA, just take the money I want to pay you, on a card you have accepted in the past, on an account that has worked just fine for nearly 13 years, and is usually accepted on UOGamecodes without any grief except for the occasional repeated fit of idiocy in the site coding screws everything up yet again. It can't be that hard, almost every other business on the internet can make this sort of transaction work almost seamlessly, please get a grip on whatever is being done by the incompetents running your primary sales website......:sad4:

Cal -these people not only take their customers for fools to be fobbed off with sub-standard and shoddy work, they are doing the same to you too, since whenever they 'fix' something you chase up and tell you it's resolved, it is never really fixed - it's just taped over until it falls apart again, because they can get away with it, and they feel no need to do more than send you the usual lies about how they have addressed the problem. Apparently NOBODY at EA follows through on these issues to get them fixed or has any influence on these cowboys who are taking you, and us, for a ride. For heaven's sakes, find someone who can get these amateurs to do the job they take EA money for, and so consistently fail to do.

2. TheGiggler

TheGiggler Guest

I got the same:cursing: problem.. I have Never Been able to log in on the :cursing: uo codes page. Ive always had to use a third party to get the codes i need. Was gonna buy a 7th char slot and no dice... If you go to help they send you to EA's web site which is just as worthless.... Anyone got a phone # for customer service :gun:

3. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Well thats what your monthly fee goes into. Resources and better game play. Cant even put money in their own venor site to work properly. Go figure. So makes you wonder where the money really goes to....... Oh thats right. Resources and better game play as they would tell us :(

4. popps

popps Always Present

I also have had trouble buying from UOGamecodes. Often got error messages (gave up, eventually...) and had to resort to phone ordering or at times ask support to issue me the code I needed to buy and charge my credit card used to pay for subscription.

Very annoying and time consuming and I am really astonished that even with the years going by I still cannot buy from UOGamecodes. I have read lots of complaints from many players unable to buy from there one reason or another and I would have expected to see problems solved and be able to buy my codes from there but nope.

I mean, if they ask me my UO login and password, I imagine that they have access to UO servers to verify the information.

Now, if they have it for the UO login and password HOW COME they cannot do the exact same thing and verify also my credit card number with UO account information ?

I mean, I can pay very fine with my credit card for my Ultima Online subscription but, with the SAME EXACT credit card I cannot purchase codes from UOGamecodes ?

Makes no sense whatsoever to me.

5. TheGiggler

TheGiggler Guest

I would think that you could atleast buy game time on ea's web site.. I went and looked and hell they didnt even have a release anouncement for high seas.. Looked for a phone # with no luck and i know they have phones lol after all i bought AOS and SE both over the phone from them back in the day.

6. SchezwanBeefy

SchezwanBeefy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

If you can't find the number, you aren't looking very hard...

7. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Whilst partly true, it's also true to point out that if EA can't get a simple online shopping site for their products to work reliably, they aren't trying very hard either - and since this 'taking people's money' idea is their main reason for existence as a company, it's a fundamental problem and customers having to find 'workrounds' to cope with this sort of mess really is unacceptable - except that is seems to be accepted as 'just part of the way we work' at EA :(

8. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I sent email to "nobody at ea.com, since it didn't came back, Nobody is at EA

9. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

I think they are in charge of customer support.

10. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Isn't that useless at ea.com ? Maybe it redirects to nobody. :D

11. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

nononono... [email protected] is what redirects to [email protected], [email protected] is a separate email address, it's the group mailbox any messages to the support team goes to.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!