1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UO's music themes

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Abercoby, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Abercoby

Abercoby Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I was wondering why most of UO's places are absolutely silent. In example when I go to Skara Brae there is no music at all and I REALLY miss its theme like many others. So my question is "am i doing something wrong", perhaps there is an option for that I havent ever noticed in my 3+ years in UO or i should use the music box and or my CD-player for this reason? :/

2. 5% Luck

5% Luck Guest

Carry a music box!

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

That's funny - I go to skara brae, and its music starts, and WON'T STOP, even if I go elsewhere, unless I use a music box, or go someplace else with background music. Britain is the same way for me, as are the dungeons.

4. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I don't know how it works in KR, but in 2D, just click on options (paperdoll). Then click on the french horn symbol, then toggle music to ON. I get music in the towns, dungeons and in various outside areas.

5. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

anything involving sound in UO is pretty much a virus. Soooooo many problems. I dont think its been fixed over the years cause most people just turn off sound and dont complain.

6. Doomsday Dragon

Doomsday Dragon Visitor

Your right. The way the client handles music is all messed up and has been since the day they moved away from midi and went to MP3 not that the midi music was better or worse but it was a better format for this game than MP3 sound is. In KR it is a totally different story though. KR is newer and the music is still MP3 I believe but it is all compressed into a package and the client is able to start and stop it a bit better.

7. Masuri

Masuri Seasoned Veteran

I use KR 99% of the time and I have to admit the music is bugged. The music box rarely plays correctly, and nine times out of ten, Stones loops repeatedly on log in. And though I love the music (both the old MIDI stuff which is absolutely classic, and the new stuff - well, U9 MP3s), I have to turn it off.

Of course, none of that is even half as annoying as the "wah-wah" noise the cranes make outside my house near Zento. :p

8. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

2d client music still also bugged, every time that start or change music make a little lag. For that I turned off music at all.

9. Cinnamon

Cinnamon Guest

The triggers for the music are different now than they were "back in the day," and I have yet to figure them all out. I know that Minoc, for example, to trigger the music you have to go outside of the main area of town, where the gypsy tents are. I get no music at all in Moonglow, Serpent's Hold, or Vesper; and have found no triggers despite a pretty thorough search.

This is not a recent problem for me. If I had to take a guess on when it started, I'd say it was somewhere around the time the music changed from "classic" UO to the U9 Ascension music (which expansion was that again?). It has persisted with the same exact symptoms over multiple computers, multiple accounts, and multiple reinstalls. So it can't be just me.

10. I wish that I could select the song or songs I don't want to listen to. If I could I would turn off the music in Despise KR. In the last 11 years I have never turned off the music till now.