1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UO's Now Mod Controlled?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Guardian KX, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Guardian KX

Guardian KX Lore Keeper

So I read on another thread that if the mods dont like the way the games going that they can and will remove people from voted positions. Yet another thread talks about players being tossed into jail or moved to absurd locations because mods dont like the players game style or there "disruptive" play during events.
    So now stratics employees are making UO decisions. UO is not what it was, Siege is not what is was.
    Long Live (not player ran) Siege.
    Whats your thoughts?
    Personally I find it wrong. If your wronged in the game now, the same people can lock/remove threads, silence you, and jail you. Menissa has ultimate powers... True?

2. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Mods? Moderators? You mean EMs or GMs if a player was tossed into jail they where doing something WONG, if they where moved away from an Event they where harassing being disruptive, or abusing something. Mesanna has power to do those and more yes and has been able to for a while. All you are relaying is hearsay, most likely from someone who was wrong and is whining about it

3. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Yes, and I also have it on good authority that the Stratics mods were behind 9/11 and are heading the research on some crashed UFOs in the Nevada desert. There has also been talk that they were involved in the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand in 1914, but that one seems a little far-fetched to me.

Only GMs and Devs have the ability to remove disruptive players, and by disruptive this generally means things like spamming and ranting at official events like Dev meetings, not for PKing or such. Unless EM powers have changed drastically recently, they have no such authority/ability. An EM (the king) could remove a person from an elected position if they were not fulfilling the requirements of the role, as laid down by Mesanna's guidelines.

But I am unaware of any of the above actions having being taken on Siege to date.

4. Amber Witch

Amber Witch Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Gilfane

Can you provide a link to that thread please?

Baby Doll likes this.
  5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Event Moderators - not Forum moderators! That's what EM stands for. For pity's sake don't we get enough crack pot conspiracy theories?

Flair, Amber Witch and Baby Doll like this.
  6. Guardian KX

Guardian KX Lore Keeper

I read threads, asked questions with question marks, I expressed my opinion, and asked you the reader for your opinion.
    For this I get ultra defensive people like other mods and known EM's to throw garbage in and out.
    Wasn't trying to start conspiracy theories.

7. Guardian KX

Guardian KX Lore Keeper

Also, im smart enough to know that someone can have 10 accounts, be a EM, a GM, a stratics moderator, and a differently named Poster.
    With SO FEW people left in UO and the length UO's been around, asking my questions is not absurd.

8. Troop

Troop Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

I heard that if you tape pennies to your eyes while playing, you will become invisible to the mods.

Baby Doll, watchertoo and IanJames like this.
  9. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

OMG !!! I knew it someone left the Stratic doors open @kelmo escaped made his way to Siege, and now has taking over with his Moderating.

watchertoo likes this.
  10. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Left up just long enough to make me feel good, then deleted ... :)