1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

NEWS Upcoming article topics- Comments appreciated

Discussion in 'UO White Stag Inn' started by Bryelle Vaughn, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Bryelle Vaughn

Bryelle Vaughn Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

All right, the time has come to go back to our series on how to work skills into a Roleplayed character. Those that will be addressed next are: Imbueing, Item Identification, Anatomy and Tinkering.

Additionally we will be discussing topics of Herbs in game and in rp as well as Various healing techniques.

This is only a minor list of what we will be tackling in weeks to come. If you have something you would like to see addressed sooner by all means let's discuss it!

2. WarderDragon

WarderDragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni BRPA

Mm.

How about Treasure Hunting. (i.e. Turning an innocuous game mechanic into a storied adventure.)

3. Bryelle Vaughn

Stratics Veteran Alumni

That's a great idea and easy to tackle. Thank you! I will work that into articles.

4. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

On GL I've held treasure hunts as fundraising events for the cities, maps donated by a famous treasure hunter from GL. I believe I called it digging up pirate treasure, close to what it literally is in the official UO fiction.

On other shards I've played on, treasure hunting has been roleplayed as archaeology.

-Galen's player

5. Bryelle Vaughn

Stratics Veteran Alumni

It's been used as a hide and seek game with a blue haired Loon on Baja as a way to play with the Demons and the Dragons. There's certainly enough avenues though for this skill and template to warrant an article unto itself.

6. Merci d'Rue

Merci d'Rue Guest

So I have had the hardest time figuring out all my passwords again, but now that I am back together you shall see items from me as well!

Bryelle Vaughn likes this.
  7. Bryelle Vaughn

Stratics Veteran Alumni

Will be wonderful to have you back and writing!