1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Upcoming Forum Downtime

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Cirno, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Cirno

Cirno Purple Pony Princess
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Starting in the evening of the 6th of October, we'll be migrating Stratics to a new server.
    I'm lead to believe that this new server is better, stronger and faster than our current one (we're excited about it, at any rate).
    The downside to all this is that we'll have to bring the forums offline in order to work the magics, otherwise the forums might take the opportunity to rise up and enslave humanity once we've free it from the server (although it could just be that posts and things made during that time will be lost, which is almost as bad).
    The good news is that we we don't anticipate it taking that long, and we've been studying 80s Sci-fi action movies for in case we lose control.

GhostHeretic and AirmidCecht like this.
  2. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

lol you could put a time frame evening for me is 8pm eastern evening for a west coaster is different and same for asia and etc

3. Kirthag

Kirthag Former Stratics Publisher
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Evergreen

We understand that (I'm in Hawaii!). However, because we have to coordinate with a few people we cannot put a hard time on it right now this very moment. We will be migrating (sometime) Monday Evening. As soon as I get an exact time, it will be communicated. We just wanted to give everyone a heads up so there's no lemmings running off cliffs in a panic.
    [​IMG]

4. BrianFreud

BrianFreud Lead Wiki Mod & Doer of Crazy Things
    Professional Wiki Editor Wiki Moderator Campaign Supporter

Lemmings must be added as a smily menu choice! :D

5. Kirthag

Kirthag Former Stratics Publisher
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Evergreen

LOL! You made me laugh! :D

Will consider... after migration.

Which - by the by - I have an update.

The forums will go into maintenance tonight at 11:30pm EST [US] to ensure the databases cool down before we touch them.

We want to avoid all hiccups as we migrate to our new servers, so everyone please be patient. No lemming runs!!!!

Noldor and BrianFreud like this.