1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Upcoming invasion and craftsmen

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by BluDjinn, Dec 16, 2010.

1. BluDjinn

BluDjinn Journeyman

I keep seeing post about an upcoming invasion of some kind.

I usually check my bods while I'm getting ready for work or when I get a chance between doing other things. Just a quick in and out.

Is there some way I can be sure my non fighting craftsman wont recall into
    a battle zone = insta. death for me and my bug, and time I may not have to get us both res'ed.

(\__/)
    (='. '=)
    (") (")

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

In previous invasions, they've turned on a protection field that bounces a recall attempt into an affected area (or people logging in, already there) to a safe city, but I don't know if that will happen this time.

3. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Use the market in Nu'jelm. Nothing ever happens there.

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Uh, hen... The invasion with the Dread Warhorses overran the nu'jelm tailors.

The smith over by the cemetary might have been safe, but the tailors and the bank weren't.

5. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

I had a few characters insta dead due to invasions. Some due to recalling into the invasion unknowingly and some due to logging on in a shop after previously logging out in the shop. In all cases it was due to lag. Times when I wasn't lagging I was able to escape. Lately however I have had no such problems. This is my plan if I know an invasion is coming.... before recalling into town I will buf myself up and armor myself up so I can survive some attack then be prepared to recall out or invis myself if there is a problem. Recalling into the black hole.....you used to just get a black screen which wouldn't load so then you had to exit out log back in and by then everything is grey screen and the notice that you are dead. Doesn't happen anymore, I'm glad....
    :danceb: